About the Job
The Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator, Programs, whom will be responsible for coordinating the successful operations of the Wacif Programs department. The Program Coordinator (PC) will lead the coordination of activities, operations, outreach, technical assistance, and events to ensure successful operation and activity execution for the Programs
The Program Coordinator will provide support in a variety of areas to the Chief Program Officer (CPO), Program Managers, and Small Business Advisors. The PC will support programmatic elements for Wacif’s small business owners, entrepreneurs, and clients with services throughout the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. The PC will assist the Programs team to effectively oversee the departments’ initiatives to augment the development, growth, and acceleration of Wacif’s robust technical business services. Wacif services include one-on-one assistance, coaching, trainings and workshops, cohort-based learning, and virtual and in-person education and networking events.
REPORTS TO: Chief Programs Officer (CPO)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Coordinator will play an important supporting role in Wacif’s programs and small business offerings:
- Support the management, administration, and daily operations.
- Coordinate program events, trainings, counseling, chats, and other social and programmatic logistics.
- Provide team assistance with day-to-day program activities and events, communicating with Wacif staff and entrepreneurs to ensure that program outcomes are reached.
- Collaborate with Wacif staff to successfully execute strategies, work plans, and ensure progress.
- Assist in publicizing the various Wacif programs and small business offerings through a variety of mechanisms including media opportunities, website, social media, print channels and trade show attendance.
- Assist the finance team to monitor spending, contribute to budget versus actual reporting, and coordinate program budget planning.
- Use CRM platform to collect data and assist with programmatic reporting requirements.
- Research educational platforms and learning methodologies across entrepreneur support organizations nationwide.
- Support and help administer all special initiatives.
- Help foster an organizational culture that encourages collaboration and accountability.
- Other special duties as assigned.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverages are available. 401(k) retirement plan (employer matching contribution eligible); paid time off (increased with tenure), paid holidays and sick leave days, transportation benefits, and education assistance benefits (professional development, tuition reimbursement, and student loan repayment).
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- 2-3 years of professional experience; non-profit programs/projects a plus;
- Experience in organizing events;
- Must be a team player, able to work within a team structure, and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders to develop effective partnerships;
- Ability to help execute a Program’s strategic vision from inception to completion.
- Demonstrated skills at building and cultivating strong relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, and small business owners;
- Entrepreneurship and/or small business experience preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, and problem-solving skills and abilities;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Should be organized, detail-oriented, and a multitasker;
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Interested candidates should email a (1) resume/CV, (2) thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and (3) salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Wacif is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No calls, please. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted.
Washington Area Community Investment Fund
Washington Area Community Investment Fund (Wacif) advances equity and opportunity in the Washington, D.C. area’s underserved communities by providing financial capital, business advisory services, and strategic networking support to underinvested entrepreneurs. Since its inception in 1987, Wacif has deployed more than $50 million in capital, served more than 3,500 entrepreneurs with business advisory services, and helped create or retain more than 20,000 local jobs. To learn more about Wacif’s work, visit www.wacif.org.