The Director of Marketing and Communications will lead the strategy development and tactical execution of the full suite of our organization’s marketing and communications work. Primarily, the Director will guide the creation and implementation of a unified marketing, communications, and public relations plan that underpins a wide range of GIIN objectives: from strengthening brand identity and advancing the GIIN’s mission to engaging broad audiences and marketing organizational assets.
Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the organization’s Senior Management Team, the Director of Marketing and Communications will manage a team of four to six communications professionals.
Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that drives the growth of impact investing as a tool to tackle the world’s most pressing problems.
- Develop and manage the GIIN’s brand strategy to enhance the organization’s overall position in the market as the leading global advocate for the expansion and effectiveness of impact investing.
- Shape and manage the GIIN’s outreach strategy to target a range of key global audiences, cultivating critical relationships through strategic brand alliances, media contacts, and event participation.
- Formulate and oversee the GIIN’s digital strategy to significantly increase the organization’s global reach and influence across digital channels.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the GIIN’s thought leadership activities.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive marketing plan, in collaboration with program teams, that will optimize opportunities to monetize the GIIN’s assets, products, and services.
Operations and Management
- Lead the GIIN’s marketing and communications team, developing team-wide and individual goals; create annual project plans to guide team workstreams and track KPIs to measure team outcomes.
- Identify strategic opportunities and partnerships, as well as emerging communications challenges and potential solutions, to enhance and leverage the GIIN’s brand.
- Manage the delivery of all aspects of the GIIN Investor Forum, a large biannual conference, as well as other events the GIIN hosts or participates in.
- Direct marketing activities that promote the GIIN’s networks, products, and services through multiple communications and/or sales channels.
- Direct media content creation, maintaining editorial oversight of blog postings, feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of impact investing and the organization’s work.
- Advise senior leadership on organizational communication strategy and positioning and implement strategies that increase the visibility of key organizational leaders.
- Secure U.S. and international editorial coverage to promote impact investing and the activities of the GIIN, managing the organization’s media and communications vendor relationships.
- Support program teams’ communications needs around production and dissemination of reports and activities, including the facilitating technology.
- Manage and support communications staff to a high standard of excellence, creating opportunities to leverage team members’ strengths, providing coaching, and building capacity of all team members to grow professionally.
- Work across GIIN teams and/or business units to ensure messaging and content is accurate, compelling, consistent, and aligned with organizational priorities.
- Lead, in partnership with other Senior Management Team members, the development of an internal communications strategy and related business processes.
LOCATION: This position will be based in our New York City office with significant remote work flexibility offered through the GIIN’s hybrid in-person/remote work model.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.