About the Job
Job Mission: You will conduct and lead the financial planning of Alterna's projects, strengthen the processes and capabilities of the management and procurement team, and you will be responsible for monitoring the financial health of the organization related to projects. To succeed in the role, you will:
- Develop financial structures for potential projects in coordination with the Strategic Alliances area.
- Supervise the procurement processes and ensure compliance with the manuals established by the different international cooperation agencies with which Alterna works the projects, including IDB, USAID, UN and others.
- Be in charge of proposing and managing financial and project management tools, as well as building capacity for their use and application in the team.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements for projects closure, as well as their subsequent presentation to internal and external (project partners).
- Represent Alterna in follow-up meetings of financial reports of the different projects, both internally and externally.
Do you want to be part of the transformation of the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Latin America?
- You have a bachelor's degree in social sciences, economics, political or related engineering; Master's degree in business management, finance or accounting is required.
- You have at least five years of experience in financial management and procurement, both in the private sector and in international cooperation programs (UN, IDB, USAID).
- You are passionate about the social / environmental impact sector and you know its dynamics.
- You are skilled in project and/or program management, ideally in the financial area.
- You are organized and proactive, can work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you are results-oriented and adapt to challenges creatively.
- You speak Spanish and advanced English.
cultivating and unleashing the full potential of impact business in Central America. We believe that positive changes can arise from any context, which is why we work with a wide range of allies and a strong and multicultural team.
Alterna is part of the Central American Impact Investment Platform (PiiC). An organization that was born as a result of the interest generated by the Latin American Impact Investment Forum for Central America and the Caribbean (FLII CA&C), an event led by Alterna; and the Global Steering Group for Impact Investment (GSG), a movement that drives impact investing through network of organizations. PiiC is a consortium of various private, public and non-profit organizations, which,through its TechnicalSecretariat, seeks to consolidate impact investment as a dynamic and growing sector in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama.