About the Job
Avivar Capital (Avivar) is a U.S.-based SEC registered investment advisor focused exclusively on assisting institutional, public and private clients in the design, development and execution of impact investing strategies, portfolios and funds. The firm's professionals bring extensive experience to serve as investment strategists, deal and fund structurers, asset managers, due diligence providers, coaches, trainers, market researchers, facilitators, and evaluators. Avivar's clients include some of the country's largest and most innovative impact investors.
Avivar Capital is seeking a mission-aligned contract Investment Banking Associate who will be responsible for collaborating with senior level professionals on all aspects of investment diligence and portfolio monitoring for client impact investment portfolios. The ideal candidate will be able to commit at least 10-20 hours per week to Avivar for a period of several months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities could include any of the following depending on the candidate's experience and Avivar's needs:
- Perform company/organization-specific research and analysis
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Build financial projections, investment returns analyses, debt capacity analyses, and valuation models, including trading comparables, transaction comparables, and discounted cash flow analyses
- Assist with transaction structuring
- Prepare investment memoranda and other presentation documents
- Alignment with Avivar Capital's vision and values
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required, with MBA preferred
- Strong financial/accounting acumen
- Minimum 3 years experience in corporate finance, particularly transaction execution experience in corporate development, investment banking, or private equity
- Deep experience with transaction modeling, including valuation analysis
- Working knowledge of deal structuring, including equity, debt, M&A, and fund investing
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to collaborate effectively
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Avivar Capital is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, though the work can be completed remotely.
Avivar Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity of perspective and background. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Avivar Capital (Avivar) is a U.S.-based SEC registered investment advisor (RIA) focused on developing and managing impact investment portfolios and developing impact-driven funds on behalf of our growing national clientele. Avivar works with institutional, public and private clients to design, develop and execute innovative impact investment strategies and portfolios that advance healthy, inclusive and sustainable communities. Our team has more than 70 years of collective financial management and impact investing experience working across asset classes, return expectations, and impact areas.