About the Job
The Programs Manager – Community will play a pivotal role at the Council by managing our growing member community, which is comprised of:
Stewards: business, investment organizations, and endowed foundations that make specific, forward-looking, time-bound, measurable commitments to the work of inclusive capitalism
Allies: non-profits, foundations, and public institutions that work in parallel to the mission and values of the Council and our principles. The Council seeks to elevate the work of our Allies and explore opportunities for collaboration and partnership.
In addition to developing a commitments platform for Council members to put forth their best ideas and actions for a more inclusive capitalism, the Council seeks to nurture a community of learning for business leaders that advances the most impactful inclusive business practices at scale. The Programs Manager – Community will help us understand what engagement opportunities and programming would be valuable for our members in service of our mission such as virtual workshops, member calls with the Vatican, and events. This role will report to the Programs Director with a dotted line to the Director of Engagement & Outreach and will partner with the Council’s Communications, Operations, and Technology teams to design and deliver these engagement opportunities and programming.
The ideal candidate thrives on achieving excellent results in a rapidly changing environment. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong work ethic, be nimble and collaborative, and have an entrepreneurial, and results-oriented mindset. The position is currently entirely remote but will be based in New York or Washington D.C. at some point in the future.
- Connect with and elevate the voice of our Council member community.
- Collaborate with other departments to buildPlan and produce online community events such as the Council’s member calls with the Vatican, webinars, AMAs, social hours, and town halls.
- Support the ideation, creation, and implementation of new initiatives and programs that benefit Council members, empower them, and create new opportunities for them.
- Create, implement, and monitor continuous feedback loops between our Council member community to ensure their experience is excellent at every touch point.
- Maintain and foster a community database to identify partners for events, content, and initiatives or programs.
- Partner with the Communications team to deliver community content strategy, which includes sharing important information with the community on an ongoing basis.
- Support the design of and manage the Council’s online community platforms.
- 5-7 years of experience, with 3+ years of online community management experience.
- Background in social and/or environmental impact or public policy and exposure to start-up or small teamwork environment are pluses.
- Experience in planning and producing online and offline events.
- Experience in designing and managing online community platforms.
- Experience in project management as well as relationship management.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to measure the intangible (engagement, sentiment, etc.)
- Efficient and creative problem-solver with superior attention to detail.
- Professional and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working with programs such as Microsoft Office, Salesforce and video conference platforms and comfortable in learning new technologies.
- Proactive and flexible with the ability to work both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced work environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in our organization to careers@InclusiveCapitalism.com with “Programs Manager - Community” in the subject line.
Council for Inclusive Capitalism
The Council for Inclusive Capitalism is a global business-led nonprofit organization committed to creating a more inclusive capitalism that delivers long-term value for all stakeholders by improving conditions for people, planet, prosperity and principles of governance. Our organization is working with global leaders and their organizations to drive behaviors and establish concrete goals and measurements to foster greater inclusivity in economic growth and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).