About the Job
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of ESG and Impact advisory projects to asset managers, corporates, institutional investors, family offices, foundations and private equity in Asia and globally. This includes developing the technical integration of ESG factors into portfolios, policy development, alignment to ESG standards and frameworks, proposal writing and collateral development to support and educate clients, and contributing to the overall development of Ogier ESG & Impact practice.
- Conduct the technical implementation of ESG and Impact advisory projects to new and existing private equity firms, asset managers, institutional investor, family offices, foundations and corporate clients of Ogier Group;
- Assist clients to embed ESG & Impact into their organisations through strategy development, policy development, ESG portfolio integration, ESG risk analysis, metrics identification and reporting in compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practice standards;
- Support clients to align with industry-recognised standards such as the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) and others;
- Ensure thorough knowledge of ESG regulatory developments in Asia and internationally;
- Initiate, develop and author ESG & Impact thought leadership content;
- Facilitate client workshops and training sessions;
- Support with business development and client proposals;
- Stay abreast of and anticipate market and product developments relevant to ESG and to our clients and ensure knowledge and talent is continually developed personally and within the team; and
- Ensure strong collaboration internally, including with the Ogier legal team and between Ogier Global's jurisdictional offices with regular dialogue to ensure opportunities or challenges are identified and acted upon in a timely fashion.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Be passionate to drive sustainable change, more than an interest in ESG issues;
- 4+ years' experience in the ESG industry serving institutional investors or asset managers or in-house conducting ESG portfolio analysis, investment research, security level integration;
- A good grasp of creating investment-focused ESG frameworks with knowledge of ESG regulations, UNPRI, TCFD, ESG ratings, GRI, SASB, IFC Performance Standards;
- Experience in quantitative data analysis;
- Engaged in Sustainable Finance and or Impact Investing market news and developments;
- Project management – anticipates, plans and rolls out a project from end to end;
- Strong client service mentality, with technical skills in the relevant service delivery;
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence accordingly;
- Good analytical and organisational skills, with the ability to organise, analyse, and interpret data and information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a demanding, dynamic, pressured environment;
- Bachelor's degree required, post-graduate and or further ESG-specific certifications desired; and
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin preferable.
Ogier provides legal advice on BVI, Cayman, Guernsey, Jersey and Luxembourg law. Our network of locations also includes Hong Kong, London, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Legal services for the corporate and financial sectors form the core of our business, principally in the areas of banking and finance, corporate and commercial, investment funds, dispute resolution, private equity and private wealth. We also have strong practices in the areas of employee benefits and incentives, employment law, regulatory, restructuring and insolvency and property.
Ogier's corporate administration business, Ogier Global, incorporates and administers a wide variety of vehicles including public and private companies, partnerships and trusts.
Ogier is based in 9 jurisdictions including BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Shanghai and Tokyo.