About the Job
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant (EA)/Team Coordinator will play a pivotal role in providing logistical support and liaising with a broad range of stakeholders engaged in both the Council for Inclusive Capitalism and the Coalition for Inclusive Capitalism. As a liaison to the Steering Committee and members of our community’s working groups, the EA will organize and coordinate the calendars of the CEO and the greater community efforts of both the Council and Coalition. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and results oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations; possess excellent written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills; and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The EA must be comfortable working under pressure and be able to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
We are a small and highly collaborative organization. A successful candidate will be first and foremost a good colleague to others, flexible and adaptive, solutions-oriented, driven to succeed, and able to execute a range of deliverables. We are a highly dynamic team, and we believe that working smart is just as important as working hard.
This position, while currently remote and in ET hours, is ideally based in New York City or in Washington, D.C.
Key duties include:
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; (eventually) arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and preparing and compiling documents for calls and meetings.
- Plans and coordinates the CEO's schedule in a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Steering Committee members, donors, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, liaising with departments and stakeholders and following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively; and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadlines.
- Serve as primary contact for executive contacts and support staff of stakeholder firms.
- Provide general administrative support to managers and team members, ensuring effective and efficient operations.
- Act as the internal and external point person for the team, supporting all team members as necessary.
- Input relevant details on constituents and stakeholders into our Salesforce database. Keep contact records up to date.
- Act as a liaison between the CEO office and the rest of the organization
- Learn all Council & Coalition processes and systems and assist the team in using and navigating these tools.
- Work alongside the Director of Operations & Events to assist on projects as needed
- Support human resources and accounting functions such as updating hiring documents, offer letters, HR systems and sensitive employee information
- Assist with vendor management, contracts and paying invoices
- Provide event related support on logistics and planning.
- Help to identify appropriate partners, vendors and subcontractors when needed and coordinate logistical details until completion
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with and manage expectations of senior executives and their staff with confidence.
- Excellent writing skills: the ability to be concise and clear, particularly when communicating via email.
- The ability to remain professional in high pressure situations involving senior business executives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point is preferred, and Salesforce experience is a strong plus.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in our organization to careers@InclusiveCapitalism.com with Team Coordinator in the subject line.
Council for Inclusive Capitalism
The Council for Inclusive Capitalism is a global business-led nonprofit organization committed to creating a more inclusive capitalism that delivers long-term value for all stakeholders by improving conditions for people, planet, prosperity and principles of governance. Our organization is working with global leaders and their organizations to drive behaviors and establish concrete goals and measurements to foster greater inclusivity in economic growth and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).