About the Job
Deutsche Bank is seeking to hire a full-time Associate for the Community Development Finance Group to play an important role providing underwriting and analytical support for market-based, high impact loans and investments that benefit low- and moderate-income communities and individuals and address emerging community development needs in the U.S, especially in NYC. A successful candidate will be a quick and positive thinking problem solver who can work on various financial transactions with diverse stakeholders.
The Associate reports to the Vice President, CDFG. The position involves a high level of coordination with other members of the CDFG team, a small dynamic unit with multiple roles and responsibilities.
- Assist with underwriting and approval of transactions by supporting due diligence, performing financial statement analysis, drafting credit and investment memos
- Support deal sourcing by participating in client calls and performing market and industry research to support credit and investment recommendations
- Help manage relationships with clients, prospects, and external stakeholders
- Remain up to speed on market and industry trends in the community development and impact investing industries
- Provide analytic and operating support to CDFG team with a focus on the loan and investment portfolio
- Analyze client financials and synthesize portfolio data on a routine basis
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly and annual credit reviews and ensure client compliance with reporting requirements
- Prepare CDFG’s reporting and presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Support impact tracking as it relates to ESG and racial equity
- Assist with CRA exam documentation, preparation and review process
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and control functions
- Facilitate knowledge transfer, cross-learning and effective teamwork
- Participate in special projects
The preferred candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in real estate finance, urban studies, business, public policy, economics or related discipline is preferred
- Two-to-four years of experience in an analytic role in the financial services (lending, private equity), real estate, or community development sectors preferably with a bank or other financial institution, private equity fund, or CDFI
- Exceptional analytical, writing, presentation, and organization skills and an ability to communicate complex transactions in a straightforward manner
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements, business plans/projections; a strong knowledge of accounting principles is helpful
- Interest in and working knowledge of the community development and impact investment industry including understanding of small businesses lending, mission-drive private equity, economic development, affordable housing, real estate development and CDFIs
- An ease with learning new systems/applications and strong Microsoft Excel capability
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a small and dynamic team
- Effective time-management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload with minimal direct supervision
- A commitment to social, racial and economic justice
- Candidate should be a self-starter with a demonstrated passion for working in the community development finance field and a commitment to Deutsche Bank’s vision and values
All inquiries should be directed to Community Development Finance Group, Deutsche Bank, 60 Wall Street NYC60-3118 New York, NY 10005. Please submit your resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘CDFG Associate’ by Monday, August 16.
Also follow this link to apply.
Please note that due to the large volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Founded in 1990, Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group (CDFG) is a recognized provider of innovative social finance products and initiatives. To date, CDFG has committed over $2 billion in U.S. community development loans and investments. The team manages a diverse portfolio of over $500 million in loan and investment commitments consisting of loans to community development financial institutions (CDFIs), project construction loans and investments in community development oriented private equity funds. This activity is primarily focused on New York City and under-banked communities across the U.S. CDFG considers financing for projects and clients focused on issues of closing the racial-wealth gap including but not limited to affordable housing, social justice, economic development and heath care. The CDFG is responsible for meeting Deutsche Bank’s community development lending and investing goals under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).