About the Job
Deutsche Bank is seeking to hire a full-time Analyst for the Community Development Finance Group to play an important role providing analytical and operational support for market-based, high impact loans and investments that benefit low- and moderate-income communities and individuals and address emerging community development needs in the U.S, especially in NYC. A successful candidate will be a quick and positive thinking problem solver who can work on various financial transactions with diverse stakeholders.
The Analyst reports to the Vice President, CDFG. The position involves a high level of coordination with other members of the CDFG team, a small dynamic unit with multiple roles and responsibilities.
- Provide analytic, operating and administrative support to the CDFG team with a focus on the loan and investment portfolio; support deal underwriting and due diligence
- Liaise with the operations areas of Deutsche Bank to ensure that loans and investments are correctly booked and appropriate external and internal closing requirements are met
- Assist with portfolio management including monitoring and analysis of private equity and loan portfolios
- Assist with portfolio servicing including tracking private equity draw requests and loan servicing
- Support internal and external communication efforts to communicate the impact of CDFG’s work
- Assist with CRA exam documentation, preparation and review process
- Coordinate impact tracking as it relates to ESG and racial equity
- Regularly identify efficiency improvements in all operational aspects of CDFG
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and control functions
- Facilitate knowledge transfer, cross-learning and effective teamwork
- Participate in special projects
The preferred candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, urban studies, business, public policy, economics or related discipline is preferred
- Exceptional analytical, writing, presentation, and organization skills and an ability to communicate complex transactions in a straightforward manner
- Interest in the community development and impact investment industry including small businesses lending, mission-drive private equity, economic development, affordable housing, real estate development and CDFIs
- An ease with learning new systems/applications and strong Microsoft Excel capability
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a small and dynamic team
- Effective time-management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload with minimal direct supervision
- A commitment to social, racial and economic justice
- Candidate should be a self-starter with a demonstrated passion for working in the community development finance field and a commitment to Deutsche Bank’s vision and values
All inquiries should be directed to Community Development Finance Group, Deutsche Bank, 60 Wall Street NYC60-3118 New York, NY 10005. Please submit your resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘CDFG Analyst’ by Monday, August 16.
Also follow this link to apply.
Please note that due to the large volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Founded in 1990, Deutsche Bank Community Development Finance Group (CDFG) is a recognized provider of innovative social finance products and initiatives. To date, CDFG has committed over $2 billion in U.S. community development loans and investments. The team manages a diverse portfolio of over $500 million in loan and investment commitments consisting of loans to community development financial institutions (CDFIs), project construction loans and investments in community development oriented private equity funds. This activity is primarily focused on New York City and under-banked communities across the U.S. CDFG considers financing for projects and clients focused on issues of closing the racial-wealth gap including but not limited to affordable housing, social justice, economic development and heath care. The CDFG is responsible for meeting Deutsche Bank’s community development lending and investing goals under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA).