About the Job
SEAF is a global private equity impact firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises in emerging and frontier markets. SEAF also supports eleven Centers for Entrepreneurship and Development (CEED) around the world, providing training, mentoring, professional networks, and global access to entrepreneur-run businesses.
SEAF and CEED are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and organized Communications Intern for the fall 2021 semester, who will work with both teams and report to the Communications Manager. The Intern will support SEAF and CEED’s global communications and marketing initiatives and will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the marketing strategy, including the launching of new initiatives for the organization, in addition to working on interesting side projects.
This intern will be expected to commit 15-25 hours per week and will work remotely for the duration of the internship. The start date and duration of the internship can be flexible. The internship is unpaid.
ESSENTIAL INTERNSHIP FUNCTIONS:
- Support SEAF and CEED’s marketing and communications efforts, conducting market and industry research as needed
- Assist with marketing campaign rollouts, including the facilitation of virtual events, such as webinars, and launch of podcasts
- Assist with blog posts, web content, social media posts, and creation of marketing materials to promote SEAF’s and CEED’s impact and expand its reach
- Performing other duties as requested by supervisor
- Committed to SEAF’s and CEED’s missions and interested in impact investing
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, English, international development, or another related field
- Ability to work well independently and function effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to take on diverse tasks and manage competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent writing, presentation, and copy-editing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and a track record of adapting in response to opportunities and challenges
- A self-starter with professional maturity, attention to detail, and a team player
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to: Careers@seaf.com with “SEAF Marketing and Communications Intern” in the title of the email.
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (“SEAF”) is an impact investing firm that provides growth capital and business assistance to SMEs in emerging and transitioning markets underserved by traditional sources of capital. Its partner organization, Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development (“CEED”), provides entrepreneurs and their executive teams the know-how and networks they need to accelerate the growth of their businesses and to promote the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the broader society. Through its network of investment funds and CEED centers around the world, SEAF invests in high-growth entrepreneurs seeking to build scalable businesses, hoping to realize both returns for investors and strong development impact in the local communities.