About the Job
The CFC wants to recruit a “Junior Project Manager (Innovation)” (JPM), based in its Amsterdam office, to support the work of the Operations Unit.
This position replaces the earlier advertised post of Junior Project Manager (Innovation). Applicants who applied for the previous advertisement need not reapply, their application remains under consideration for this new role.
The JPM works together with a more senior project manager to originate, assess and implement projects targeting distinct improvements. This will include analysis of the operational models, of the financial situation of the counterpart and a distinct due diligence on ESG, based of CFC’s framework. The JPM will assist the projects managers in their effort to originate sustainable and implementable projects, developing all skills to resume full responsibility for a project over time. Distinct knowledge of technological and operational innovations in the agricultural sector related to environmental issues and climate change are a clear advantage.
The JPM is responsible for implementation of projects aimed at the alleviation of poverty as well as supporting the process of innovation and change management in the CFC. The JPM, besides being the person originating new ideas, will also be responsible for collaborating with other Project Managers/colleagues to identify and select innovative ideas.
The ideal applicant would have some experience in analyzing operational models related to projects in the agri-commodity sector and would have a good knowledge in understanding the impact of operations to the financials of private sector companies. A sense of empathy for poverty-stricken people, prior experience in the development sector, interest in green recovery, digitalization and food fortification for nutrition security would complement the technical capabilities required for the position. This position offers ample opportunities to network with other UN affiliated development organizations.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s level or higher) in Economics, Forestry, Sustainable Development, Precision Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance or related fields.
- Experience (at least 2 years) of working in a financial and or development environment, ideally in an impact fund, at least in a commercial / development bank, a development investment fund or a development organization.
- Experience in assessing business models including such with technological and operational innovation
- Experience in financial analysis of SMEs potentially in the agri sector
- Experience with the implementation of loan and collateral structures, based on understanding of financial risk associated with the underlying project
Please refer to the full Terms of Reference which can be found on the CFC website https://www.common-fund.org/about-us/jobs/current-vacancies/
Common Fund for Commodities
The Common Fund’s mandate is to enhance the socioeconomic development of commodity producers and contribute to the development of society as a whole. In line with its market-oriented approach, the Fund concentrates on commodity development projects financed from its resources.