About the Job
The Energy and Resource Efficiency Finance team within Finance in Motion supports existing green funds and the strategic development of new investment vehicles. This position will support the development of new climate and nature-based finance initiatives.
- Conduct market research on regulatory, economic, and technical aspects of carbon markets (voluntary and compliance) across relevant regions
- Develop a comprehensive overview of voluntary carbon standards (VCS, Gold Standard, etc.) as well as project types and their relevant economic and financial characteristics
- Support the team’s business development efforts, including inputs into concepts and strategy as well as preparing memos, presentations, and correspondence with
- Liaise and build contacts with service providers, such as external consultants and technical advisors in the broader carbon market and carbon project developer ecosystem
What we expect:
- Enrolled in, or recently completed, an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in engineering, economics, environmental studies, or another relevant subject
- Demonstrated interest in the financial and political aspects of green technologies and services, including nature-based finance, sustainable agriculture and land use, and forestry as well as renewable energy, energy efficiency and resource efficiency
- Affinity with or experience with carbon markets, carbon projects, and regulatory landscape is an advantage
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral, with further relevant languages an asset
- Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative and an ability to work professionally in an international setting/team
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
Finance in Motion GmbH
Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- An internship that provides insights into impact investing, broad exposure, good opportunities to learn, and an attractive remuneration
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Our more than 250 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application. https://finance-in-motion-portal.rexx-recruitment.com