About the Job
The Impact & Sustainability team supports Finance in Motion and the funds under advisory in meeting positive impact targets, managing environmental and social risks and adhering to emerging sustainable finance regulations, collaborating with all other Finance in Motion departments to integrate sustainability and impact considerations across all activities of the company.
- Support with tracking industry initiatives related to impact and sustainability topics; ensure dissemination of knowledge on relevant impact management and sustainability topics within the company
- Support the team with impact assessment and monitoring, including ex-ante assessments, conducting impact scorings and performing quantitative and qualitative analysis of investment/portfolio impact
- Contribute to impact communication, such as Finance in Motion’s annual Impact Investment Report, and disclosure towards sustainable finance regulations
- Provide support to diverse projects of the Impact & Sustainability team
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, development studies, social sciences, or a related field
- Interest in and a general understanding of impact investing and/or development cooperation and/or monitoring & evaluation
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis would be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, strong Excel skills
- Very good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English, German proficiency would be an asset
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
Finance in Motion GmbH
Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics.
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- An internship that provides insights into impact investing, broad exposure, good opportunities to learn, and an attractive remuneration
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Our more than 250 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application. https://finance-in-motion-portal.rexx-recruitment.com