About the Job
The Senior Associate will have the opportunity to join a growing Impact Finance team working in Pay for Success, Opportunity Zones, community development finance, and innovative finance among others. The team is highly collaborative and seeks to develop, pilot and scale new financial structures, models and products that are replicable and scalable to grow the impact finance market. We work at the intersection of community needs, the needs of underserved populations and the needs and requirements of private and public investment capital.
With oversight from the Team’s senior members, the Senior Associate will:
- Support project development, deal structuring and implementation
- Contribute to business development activities
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Impact Finance team and the Sorenson Impact Center broadly
- Conduct research, literature reviews, and gather data.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to support project design.
- Support project development, including determining the scale and scope of the specific social or environmental impact projects, developing excel models to assess project economics, identifying outcomes and method of outcomes measurement.
- Work with social service providers to develop implementation plans, and develop cost-benefit models.
- Identify appropriate data sources to measure the achievement of outcomes, if applicable.
- Support project structuring, including development of financial models of project expenses, revenues, benefits, cash flow analysis and internal rate of return analysis, scenario analysis and determine appropriate financing structure and types of investor financing.
- Develop terms sheets and support contract development between project partners.
- Create project and client deliverables, with support and oversight.
- Manage deliverables for up to three project team members.
- Support business development activities.
- Contribute to the development of project scopes of work.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, or a related field or equivalency; plus two years of related experience. Also required are a thorough knowledge of established accounting principles and practices; spreadsheet and database skills; knowledge of statistics and demonstrated analytical,problem solving, human relation and effective communication skills required. An advanced degree, such as a Master’s of Business Administration, is preferred. Certain positions may require familiarity with hospital billing systems, Medicare and insurance reimbursement regulations, etc. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- At least 2 years of experience in finance with expertise and experience in financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience in social and/or environmental impact finance
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience and ability to design and conduct research, gather data, design and present quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and function effectively on a highly motivated, innovative, and entrepreneurial team.
- Advanced Power Point a plus.
- Master’s Degree in finance, business, economics or a related field preferred.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Prior work experience in health and/or the environment preferred
- Experience working with state and local government agencies, social service providers and/or environmental organizations preferred.
Apply directly at https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/118490.
Sorenson Impact Center
At the Sorenson Impact Center, we envision a thriving world where all people are valued, communities prosper, and the measured impact of actions guides decision making. Housed at the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business, we advance global impact through innovation in impact investing and finance, public policy and spending, and corporate and social sector behavior. We utilize world-class data science and impact storytelling as key tools in this global effort. As part of its mission to train future impact leaders, the Center integrates academic programming and experiential learning into each of its practice areas including in the operations of our own impact investing practice and fund, and in the management of an outside fund. In addition, the Center hosts one of the largest and most recognized convenings and collaboration opportunities in the impact space, the annual Sorenson Innovation Summit.