About the Job
The Assistant Director will have the opportunity to join a growing Impact Finance team working in Pay for Success, Opportunity Zones, community development finance, and innovative finance. The team is highly collaborative and seeks to develop, pilot and scale new financial structures, models and products that are replicable and scalable to grow the impact finance market. We work at the intersection of community needs, the needs of underserved populations and the needs and requirements of private and public investment capital.
With oversight from the team’s Managing Director, the Assistant Director will have responsibility to:
- Manage a portfolio of clients and projects
- Manage project teams
- Lead project development, deal structuring, and implementation
- Contribute to business development activities
- Lead the development of new business scopes of work and budgets
- Contribute to additional projects, working with an experienced Managing Director
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Impact Finance team and the Sorenson Impact Center
- Develop and manage a portfolio of clients and projects
- Project development, including determining the scale and scope of the specific social or environmental impact project, developing excel models to assess project economics, identification of outcomes, method of outcomes measurement, work with social service providers to develop implementation plans, develop cost-benefit models. Identify appropriate data sources to measure the achievement of outcomes, if applicable.
- Project structuring, including development of financial models of project expenses, revenues, benefits, cash flow analysis and internal rate of return, scenario analysis and determining appropriate financing structure and types of investor financing. Develop term sheets and support contract development between project partners.
- Facilitate regular calls and meetings with clients and project partners and stakeholders.
- Creating project and client deliverables and review deliverables developed by junior staff.
- Manage project teams, including holding the team accountable for outcomes and managing individual team members for professional development.
- Significantly contributing to business development activities.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, a related area, or equivalency required; plus six years of progressively more responsible management experience; and demonstrated leadership, human relations and effective communication skills also required. Master’s degree in Business Administration or related area preferred. This position is not responsible for providing patient care. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- 4-5 years of experience in finance with expertise and experience in financial modeling, analyzing investments and/or project economics
- Experience in social and/or environmental impact finance
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience and ability to design and conduct research, gather data, design and present quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical, writing and communication skills
- Experience facilitating meetings with clients, funders, and stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and function effectively on a highly motivated, innovative, and entrepreneurial team
- Prefer Master’s Degree or higher in finance, business, economics or a related field
Apply directly at https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/118487.
Sorenson Impact Center
At the Sorenson Impact Center, we envision a thriving world where all people are valued, communities prosper, and the measured impact of actions guides decision making. Housed at the University of Utah David Eccles School of Business, we advance global impact through innovation in impact investing and finance, public policy and spending, and corporate and social sector behavior. We utilize world-class data science and impact storytelling as key tools in this global effort. As part of its mission to train future impact leaders, the Center integrates academic programming and experiential learning into each of its practice areas including in the operations of our own impact investing practice and fund, and in the management of an outside fund. In addition, the Center hosts one of the largest and most recognized convenings and collaboration opportunities in the impact space, the annual Sorenson Innovation Summit.