About the Job
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with room for growth? We are a mission-driven startup working at the intersection of finance and impact to help our clients invest in leading social enterprises and impact funds. Working at CapShift offers the opportunity for rapid development, freedom to grow, and the partnership of dedicated teammates. The role provides unique exposure to the entire sustainable and impact investing marketplace, including public, private, and non-profit investments.
All roles at CapShift require flexibility and collaboration, given the growth nature of the organization. CapShift is looking for someone who wants to go deep into the details and constantly refine our processes and operations. This person will report to CapShift’s President and COO and will help lead:
Controller and Accounting
- Manage and process all day-to-day accounting of the business: Cash management, risk management, invoices, billing, bank reconciliations, T&E management
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Lead preparation of budgets as well as monthly reconciliation of actuals versus budget
- Process payroll and assist with HR benefits, new hire on-boarding, 401(k) management, and other employment-related tasks
- Manage relationship with third party tax advisor and auditor, and coordinate with tax advisor on the maintenance of tax basis for LLC capital accounts
- Lead critical financial-related activities, with support from the management team, including financial forecasts,
- Lead key vendor relationships including insurance, office lease, and banking relationships
- Support capital raising through pro forma modeling, management of the capitalization table through Carta, and term sheet support
- Oversee client fee calculations and portfolio valuation updates
- Support financial data analytics across various aspects of the business
- Support advisory technology selection and vendor relationships
- Manage support team around finance and accounting as CapShift scales
Advisory Operations Management
- Lead development of policies, procedures, and risk management guidelines for • CapShift and its SEC Registered Investment Advisor subsidiary
- Oversee RIA subsidiary Form ADV filing process, and coordinate with CapShift Chief Compliance Officer on all compliance related matters
- Oversee operations staff to support client account management, trading, asset valuations, and transaction management
- Help develop best practices to support CapShift client and advisory team
- 7+ years of relevant work experience managing accounting and financial functions
- Experience in fund or financial management
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Desire to work in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
- Proactive, thoughtful, self-motivated, organized, and able to effectively communicate across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Accounting or finance background
- Experience working in a Registered Investment Advisor or Broker Dealer
- CPA preferred
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject “Director of Finance” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the business.
CapShift’s goal is to increase the flow of capital into initiatives solving global and local challenges. We manage a fast-growing impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change. We work with many leading financial institutions in the $120 billion donor advised fund market, including Fidelity Charitable and National Philanthropic Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source and implement impact investments that meet the needs of financial advisors, donor advised fund sponsors and their clients, foundations, asset management institutions, and more.
Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. Our team combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture with the goal of mobilizing capital for social and environmental change. We are committed to building a diverse, talented team of young leaders in the impact investment space.