About the Job
This position will report to the Managing Director, Investments and support the investment team on portfolio reporting and analytics, as well as investment opportunity and manager due diligence and responsible investing. The position will also work with members of the finance staff. This position will be responsible for maintaining financial models and databases to support the investment team’s decision-making and portfolio management. The position will assist in the analysis, reporting, and presentation preparation of endowment related materials for internal and vestry stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and monitor a broad range of fund managers including traditional equity and fixed income funds, hedge funds and private investments.
- Involved in all steps of the investment review and decision-making process. Perform investment due diligence and engage in other projects as needed. Prepare written recommendations and presentations to the investment team and to the Investment Committee.
- Create and maintain financial models, exposure and risk analysis to support the Investment Office in strategic planning and analysis for Trinity’s endowment.
- Perform analysis and general research related to the capital markets, specific sectors or geographies
- Support Trinity’s journey toward a portfolio of managers that are leaders in sustainability and inclusion; specifically, work with senior team members to hone manager responsible investing baselines and strengthen and support manager transitions toward sustainability and inclusion through manager capacity building. Stay abreast of capital markets conditions and opportunities in the dynamic field of responsible investing, broadly speaking, including ESG integration, impact investing, investment stewardship and sustainability-themed investing.
- Support endowment operations; assist in developing dashboard reports on the portfolio and individual investment opportunities, and in the preparation of regular reports for Investment * Committee and Board of Trustee meetings.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promote Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with utilizing databases and manipulating spreadsheets
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong willingness to learn new skills
- A desire to work as an integral member of a relatively small team
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified, assist with various ad hoc projects as needed, as well as responsiveness to feedback
- General interest and curiosity about capital markets and investing
- High level of professional maturity, integrity and judgement. Dependability and a sense of personal ownership of responsibilities
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor of Science or related degree or an equivalent combination of training of experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred; candidate graduating from undergraduate or graduate programs in 2021 considered
- Pursuing a CFA, CPA, or other advanced education a plus but not required