About the Job
Y Analytics is seeking an Impact Research Assistant (RA) to support research and analysis of social impact from existing and potential investments, and development of impact measurement methodology. The Research Assistant will contribute to fast-paced teams conducting impact analysis on live deals and conducting in-depth reviews of academic research. The position is open to current Master’s students or advanced undergraduates and is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about economics, impact investment, climate change, economic development, and/or other social-impact areas, and who has a strong desire to expand and deepen knowledge of impact investing in a client-focused work environment.
Duration: Initial 10-12 weeks agreement with possible extension opportunity. Approximately 40 hours per week.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Application Instructions: In lieu of a cover letter, please prepare a 1-page response to the prompts below that contains clear, concise responses. Please send your resume and response to Jobs@YAnalytics.org and include a subject line with the format: “Last Name, First Name –Impact RA Application”. Application Prompt (please limit your response to a 1 page or less):
Part I: To answer the question below please refer to the following regression table and accompanying document at this link: https://app.box.com/s/giuc05q1xpsin10bp5n5dy4plimh3szq
- In two sentences, interpret the value and statistical significance of the .062 value in column six row two
Part II: TPG is considering investing in an alternative protein company (Target A) that manufactures and distributes a substitute for beef.
- Outline the top three impact pathways (i.e., pathways by which investment in Target A could drive positive or negative social and environmental impact, relative to what would have occurred without the investment) you would explore for Target A
Part III: In no more than four sentences, please describe your interest and experience in impact investing.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Master’s student or advanced undergraduate currently pursuing a degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sustainability, Business, Economics, Public Administration, or another relevant program
- Experience or demonstrated interest in consulting, finance, impact investing, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently conduct and synthesize market research (experience interpreting/applying academic or industry group research is a plus)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and fluency in English
- Experience with ESG performance assessment/reporting frameworks (e.g., SASB, GRI) is a plus
TPG Background: TPG is a leading global alternative asset firm founded in 1992 with approximately $85 billion of assets under management and 14 offices around the world. TPG's investment platforms area cross a wide range of asset classes, including private equity, growth equity, social impact, real estate, and public equity. Across these platforms TPG has over 280 companies within its portfolio such as Airbnb, Beautycounter, Calm, ipsy, McAfee, Philz Coffee, Spotify, Uber, and Viking Cruises.
Y Analytics: Y Analytics mission is to increase the amount and effectiveness of capital allocation for the greater good, as described in the UN SDGs, by increasing trust in the social and environmental impact achieved by that capital. Y Analytics was launched in parallel to The Rise Fund and founded in partnership with TPG/Rise to provide best-in-class insights and tools that improve capital allocation decisions. Our rigorous approach to impact assessment and management draws on evidentiary academic and economic research, enabling greater use of evidence in capital allocation decision making and impact valuation. In addition to conducting impact valuation for the TPG Rise Funds, Y Analytics is also responsible for managing sustainability/ESG across TPG. We support TPG and its portfolio companies by assessing and advising on value creation through Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) performance.