About the Job
About Habitat Mortgage Solutions:
Habitat Mortgage Solutions (HMS) is a wholly-owned entity of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) and was created to serve our more than 1,100 US-based Habitat for Humanity affiliates. HMS provides an array of financial services and products to Habitat affiliates to support their work as affordable mortgage originators, home-builders, sellers, and partners for housing and community solutions. Our current capital products include direct lending, New Market Tax Credits, mortgage origination and mortgage finance. To date HFHI has provided over $200MM in structured credit financing to its affiliates.
About the Role:
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a professional for the role of a Lending and Program Analyst - Habitat Mortgage Solutions (HMS). This individual will join and support Habitat Mortgage Solutions™ (HMS), a nationally certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), certified in 2017. Reporting to the Associate Director of Lending & Program Management, the Analyst’s primary responsibilities will include supporting business development, relationship management, loan origination, research and analysis, marketing and communications, impact measurement and reporting, providing client services and supporting new programmatic initiatives.
This 2-year Analyst position is a new intentional effort between HFHI and HMS to recruit and train early-stage professionals to succeed in mission-driven financial services roles. Analysts will receive training designed to foster mission-alignment, understanding of the housing and community development finance sectors, development of technical skills, and other ongoing enrichment. This position has potential to be extended to a 3rd year, to be evaluated at the end of the 2-year term.
This position is strongly preferred to be based at our headquarters office in downtown Atlanta and involves up to 10% travel within the US.
This opportunity is a 2 year position.
Business Development & Loan Origination
- Supports lending pipeline development and management by screening inquiries, identifying and responding to new business opportunities, correspondence/progress in loan management systems.
- Support advisory/client services by scheduling and attending regularly meeting with current HMS clients, potential borrowers, and lending partners to discuss their project pipelines and credit needs.
- Coordinate and support all aspects of deal lifecycle from prospecting through closing – manage timelines, loan intake and due diligence collection/review, update loan management system and closing checklists, interface with internal and external parties.
- Support content creation and preparation of deal marketing and communication materials.
Research & Analysis
- Analyze client financial statements, operations and project-level detail provide a written narrative for investment committee memorandums.
- Support the creation and analysis of models, charts, tables, templates, maps and other resources related to lending and programmatic initiatives.
- Conduct research and written analysis on current and prospective clients, partners, programs, specific geographies or sectors to support HMS capital raising (i.e. funding proposals) and deployment efforts.
- Conduct market research, portfolio and impact data analysis related to HMS’s historical and future lending work in advancing affordable homeownership and racial equity.
- Research funding sources, policy issues, legislative and budget updates relevant to the CDFI, housing and community development industries.
Program Management & Operations
- Develop presentations and reports for internal and external audiences as well as support training and educational materials for HFHI affiliates.
- Data collection and programmatic/impact reporting for federal and private programs.
- Engage in corporate-wide projects connected to programmatic work and support marketing and communication efforts.
- Support the maintenance of HMS databases, webpages, manuals, files and other records as assigned.
- Other special projects/task as assignedSuccess Criteria: Indicate the metrics or other standards that will be used to measure success in this role.
Successful Analysts will:
- Thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, with the ability to be flexible and navigate ambiguous situations.
- Exercise excellent time and task management skills.
- Work efficiently within a team structure.
- Be able to build strong and effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Communicate in a clear, compelling, and accessible manner.
- Be comfortable playing a support role and taking the lead when asked.
- Exhibit a high level of individual accountability; and embody HFHI’s values in all tasks and responsibilities.
- Be passionate about HFHI’s mission to support affordable housing and homeownership.
- Undergraduate (required) and Graduate degree (preferred) in Business, Real Estate, Urban Planning, Finance or related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience analyzing data, preferably with a CDFI, nonprofit or similar organization in finance, affordable housing and/or the community development.
- Product Knowledge: Familiarity with, or interest in learning about, CDFI lending, New Markets Tax Credits, impact investing and/or mortgage financing or previous fixed income experience.
- Technical Experience: Financial modelling experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Active support of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission.
- Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
To be considered for this role, please be sure to apply via the link: https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/lending-program-analyst-habitat-mortgage-solutions-2-year-6460br
Habitat for Humanity International
Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.
Habitat for Humanity International is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.