About the Job
The Philanthropy Advisor will establish relationships of mutual value in the private wealth management space i.e. with DAFs, private client advisors, private banking, family offices, professional philanthropy advisors, as well as ultra HNWIs, and will be responsible for generating >$3 million in unrestricted funds from those relationships. The ideal candidate comes from the banking industry or has worked very closely as a philanthropy or DAF advisor or manager of family offices. We want you to partner with financial advisors as they guide their clients on their donor journey, and at the same time acting as a DAF subject matter expert internally. The Philanthropy Advisor will report to the Senior Director New Business.
- Build healthy rapport and form relationships with professional advisors in the private wealth management space;
- Use those relationships to form strategic alliances and generate revenue (approximately $3 million in unrestricted funds) from DAFs for IRC;
- Establish and lead the overarching structure and strategy for DAFs for IRC;
- Become go-to person for all things DAF-related internally and use external networks to also generate opportunities for other teams within IRC;
- Use networks to influence on behalf of IRC.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, ideally in Economics, or Finance;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in financial services (FS) or working with FS entities, banking industry, private wealth departments, and Ultra HNWIs;
- Has existing relationships with philanthropy advisors in the DAF world, especially in New York;
- Extremely adept at building and managing relationships within the FS community;
- Ability to relate to and work with colleagues across all organization levels;
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including comfort in working directly with Financial Advisors and senior management;
- Team player with strong project management and organizational skills;
- Proactive approach to work;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as database and client management system skills;
- Passionate about IRC's mission.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Has experience in multiple high value markets;
- Experience of high value fundraising;
- Knowledgeable about venture philanthropy;
- Multiple languages is a plus.
International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. In more than 40 countries and over 20 U.S. cities, our dedicated teams provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people.