About the Job
The Analyst will support the ICM Executive Director and Director of Programs with a primary focus on data & knowledge management and a secondary focus on managing events, creating exciting content, and conducting research. The analyst will have the opportunity to engage across the full range of ICM workstreams and highlight their particular interests. As an organization we strive to apply our operating principles - Rigor and Excellence, Candor and Curiosity, and Diversity and Inclusion - to all aspects of our work. As the third full-time hire, this individual will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about every aspect of operations, build a valuable network, shape the role and organization, and take on increasing responsibility over time.
- Develop and manage a contact management system for ICM’s growing network of private capital fund managers; facilitate new member onboarding and renewals; help members find and use our growing library of fund management and impact-focused resources;
- Support flawless execution of high-quality events (in-person but also virtual) for ICM members and stakeholders – including online invitations, registrations, zoom logistics, and presentation materials
- Manage content for the monthly ICM newsletter, including tracking of member investments and relevant industry developments;
- Keep the ICM website timely and dynamic with new events, jobs, member updates, report launches and more;
- Create a user-friendly public ICM member directory to help members and external stakeholders find each other;
- Support ICM’s next big research report focused on the financial and impact performance of member funds;
- Support the Mosaic Fellowship Program application, review, and onboarding process;
- Keep ICM social media channels (LinkedIn and Twitter) and internal Slack channels humming by sharing important updates, industry news, deals, and partner announcements;
- Support grant reporting and writing, as required; and
- Work with external contractors, as required.
About Us… The Impact Capital Managers (ICM) mission is to accelerate the performance of our members and to scale the impact investing marketplace with integrity and authenticity. We do this through our membership association, which today includes 66+ funds representing more than $12B in impact-focused private capital, and through field-building initiatives and partnerships. The ICM network of peers is engaged and collaborative by nature. As part of our commitment to grow the marketplace with integrity, members must meet certain criteria and admission is by invitation only. At ICM, we:
- Connect our members to one another, to impact investment opportunities, and to stakeholders in the broader investing ecosystem
- Identify and share best practices in areas directly relevant to fund performance, such as impact management
- Advocate for our members and the field through education, thought leadership, and independent research
- Cultivate a skilled, diverse impact investor workforce through talent and professional development programs and partnerships
- You have 2+ years experience (relevant summer or short-term internships apply);
- You are excited about companies that create positive impact, and the ways their investors can support them;
- You enjoy taking responsibility and “owning” projects from beginning to end;
- You thrive in a small team and start-up environment and you like building things;
- You are obsessed with details, accuracy, and customer service, and take pride in systems that run like clockwork;
- You have used Dropbox, Squarespace, Powerpoint, Eventbrite, Constant Contact, Google Sheets – or you can quickly learn them, or you can convince us to use something better;
- You have some employment experience preferably in an administrative or operations role (internships will be considered); and
- You strive for excellence but you also take time to celebrate success, care for yourself, and learn from setbacks; it’s all part of the journey.
Please apply by sending the following materials to email@example.com with “ICM Analyst” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We are looking to fill the position on/before August 2021 but will review applications on a rolling basis until it is filled.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications. This can be in the body of the email or attached;
- Your resume;
- A short (3 page maximum) writing sample, presentation, or other relevant work product that demonstrates some of the skills outlined above (optional but highly encouraged).
Impact Capital Managers
Impact Capital Managers is a network that brings together the general partners of market-rate funds deeply committed to impact investing in the United States and Canada. Collectively representing over $13 billion in impact-focused capital, we are working together to accelerate impact and financial performance.