About the Job
The Global Investment Office (GIO), led by Wealth Management’s Chief Investment Officer, is a 170 person team of investment and research professionals dedicated to helping Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Financial Advisors with all manners of investment advice and implementation.
The Investing with Impact team, within the Global Investment Office, is responsible for leading the creation, development and execution of a comprehensive set of investment strategies, solutions, tools and reporting to deliver holistic wealth solutions for our individual and institutional clients that seek to generate both market-rate returns and positive environmental and social impact. Further, we provide high quality and consistent Advisor and client education and engagement, including a formal Advisor designation as well as an annual calendar of regular publications and periodic thematic reports.
As a field facing subject-matter expert, the Impact Specialist will be responsible for growing Advisor adoption of products, solutions and tools to drive growth.
This is a great opportunity for you to join the growing Investing with Impact team within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management to build on the Firm’s over decade long commitment to sustainable and impact investing. We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual with a clear passion for using capital markets to scale solutions to global and domestic economic, environmental and social challenges. This individual is motivated, confident and collaborative – focused on delivering first class service in a first class way to our clients across all key segments. This is a fast-paced team that collaborates regularly with our Wealth Management colleagues and the Firm to deliver on multiple work streams at any given time. The successful candidate will be equally comfortable working proactively on a small team and navigating a global financial services firm. Attributes of a successful applicant include: detail-oriented and proactive, exceptional and credible communicator on impact investing including through speaking and writing. Further, a curious mindset and someone who thrives on collaboration to drive successful outcomes for our clients will be important in this role.
- Regularly support Financial Advisors and Institutional Consultants in responding to their clients’ Investing with Impact needs by providing tailored advice and content across the full range of products and solutions
- Leverage Morgan Stanley’s proprietary portfolio-level impact analytics to deliver holistic solutions for clients across client segments (Individual/UHNW/ Institutional)
- Assist with all aspects of Investing with Impact products and solutions across public and private markets, from product design to execution. Partner closely with manager due diligence as well as Investment Solutions, marketing and control partners.
- Assist Financial Advisors in responding to Request for Proposals (RFP) as well as developing Investment Policy Statements for institutional clients incorporating environmental and social insights, as appropriate
- Communicate with credibility key Investing with Impact topics to internal and external audiences and partners in a variety of settings
- Lead engaging sales desk and home office educational teach-ins on Investing with Impact
- Assist with development and quality assurance of data, marketing materials, presentations, and pitch books for diverse set of partners, clients and senior decision makers
- Research and write thematic content in areas such as climate solutions, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Faith-based investing for internal and external audiences – this includes thought leadership, publications, client presentations and marketing collateral.
- Engage with partners across the Firm including Technology, Marketing, Legal, Risk and Compliance
- Collaborate closely with other areas of the Firm including Global Sustainable Finance, the Institute for Sustainable Investing and the Office of Sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree, MBA or CFA strongly preferred, focus on sustainability a plus
- 5+ years of work experience in financial services
- Demonstrated career growth in wealth management, asset management, capital markets, management consulting and/or impact investing
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities – including short-term and long-term projects; strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with asset allocation, investment manager selection and portfolio risk management
- Familiarity with Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) data and impact reporting frameworks and providers as well as Investing with Impact approaches (Restriction Screening, ESG-Integration, Thematic Solutions) and investment products across asset classes (public and private), geographies and impact themes
- Strong PC skills, especially PowerPoint and Excel; experience with financial market data sources (Bloomberg, Morningstar, Factset) a plus
- Strong and efficient research capabilities, with ability to prioritize and analyze information that is both quantitative and qualitative in nature
- Exceptional presentation skills and writing skills
- Persistence, tenacity and drive for results
- Series 7 and 63 strongly preferred
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.