About the Job
Acumen America is looking for a Partnerships Associate with 2 – 3 years of experience to support fundraising, fundraising ops, and partner engagement. Although we are not working in the office right now, candidates must be located in the Bay Area.
The Partnerships Associate will be joining a team building a portfolio of game-changing companies focused on tackling poverty in the United States. Since 2015, Acumen America has invested in 26 companies reaching over 69M low-income Americans. 54% of our companies have a founder of color and 38% are led by founders that identify as women, and 80% of companies were founded outside of San Francisco and New York. In addition to our direct investing, we provide strategic support and resources to accelerate the impact of our portfolio. This includes fundraising, communications, partnerships and other special projects that convene entrepreneurs, funders, corporations, policymakers and others addressing inequity. Acumen America is building a leading portfolio of early-stage entrepreneurs tackling poverty in the US. The organization is scaling quickly and this position is entrepreneurial; preferred candidates will be excited by a start-up environment.
The Partnerships Associate will conduct systematic prospect research (collect, evaluate, and verify data on prospects and existing donors), and translate this information to support fundraising activities of the team. The Associate will also support our efforts to work strategically with our highly engaged Partner community.
- Identify and research prospects using publicly available sources, databases, information from staff, supporters and contacts and any other sources as appropriate
- Create research profiles, including brief biographical overview, desire to give, assessment of assets, and affinity toward our mission
- Assist lead-building process by identifying and creating reports on sector-wide fundraising trends and local philanthropic events
- Manage Salesforce and Airtable administration:
Key accounts are kept up to date
Donations and revenue are recorded accurately and ensure revenue totals are accurate
Create and pull necessary reports for fundraising analysis
Draft necessary gift processing documents
Craft briefings for key donor meetings
- Manage donor stewardship touchpoint tracking and reminders
- Manage and execute grant reports
- Make a plan for timely partner communications and correspondence, and help execute
- Help develop engagement plans with our corporate and foundation donors
- Support relationship management with partner community
Deadline: Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 – 3 years of experience in sales support, client management, fundraising
- Experience with operations and project management
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Airtable or facility with software in general for ease in learning
- Experience researching sectors and people and producing profiles
- Project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills—courtesy, tact, patience
- Can take initiative independently, can follow through, can deliver on a deadline
- Familiarity with the social enterprise and impact investing sectors; demonstrated commitment to serving the poor is preferred
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in the U.S.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services offer important opportunities to people living in poverty. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building through AcumenAcademy.org.