About the Job
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organizations, seeks a Network Infrastructure Lead Specialist.
The Network Infrastructure Lead Specialist is responsible for the support and maintenance of the WWF US computer network and technical infrastructure. Configures, supports, and maintains WWF's complex network including firewalls, routers, switches, load-balancers, point-to-point tunnels, VRRP, and DMZ. Develop and implement best practices for support, routine maintenance, and proactively monitor systems. Administrators over WWF's complex series of virtual and interconnected systems. Works with the Sr. Director, Enterprise Technology Services and the Director of Network Services to develop a strategy to effectively manage technical infrastructure at WWF US Headquarters and applicable remote offices. Responsible for research, evaluation, and testing of new and emerging network technologies.
- Manages all aspects of multiple complex networks both connected and segmented along with routing, point-to-point tunnels, VLANs, VPN, load balancing, firewall policies, public and private IP assignment, public and private DNS management.
- Manages the configuration and connections to hybrid, cloud-based (Azure and other) networks.
- Configures, operates, and supports all aspects of a Hyperconverged Infrastructure systems (Nutanix) including virtualization (Nutanix AHV & VMWare), compute, storage, networking, data protection and disaster recovery. Ensure systems run optimally while monitoring and assessing systems for performance degradation while looking for tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Maintains Disaster Recovery procedures to insure recovery of all identified systems, under the responsibilities of the Network Services team, in a declared disaster or a DR test.
- Responsible for the backup of all critical systems.
- Maintains and supports remote access solutions implemented at WWF US, including Citrix, VPN, and Outlook Web Access technologies.
- Assists with support to Azure services, Office365 Exchange Online, MS Teams along with an Active Directory environment.
- Assist with documenting all infrastructure systems, and mission critical applications under the responsibility of Network Services. Perform and maintain change management documentation for all major or functional changes to all critical systems to ensure proper migration, rollback, and approval steps are taken.
- Maintains a security strategy to reduce the risk of a security breach. Manages security technology on Microsoft server operating systems, firewalls, switches, routers, and email systems. Implements changes (in accordance with change management procedures) as requested by the IT Security Administrator.
- Support or assist support Linux (Red Hat) systems.
- Provides technical support and troubleshoots infrastructure equipment. Provides tier 3 support to end users when requested by other Network Services staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Requires eight years of related experience supporting computer networks with in depth experience supporting the following technologies: networking equipment (firewall, switches, routers), Hypervisor systems, remote access technologies, backups and disaster recovery. Experience with Active Directory, Azure AD and Office365.
- Must be very familiar with OSI model and other foundational networking concepts along with best-practices.
- Continuing education including certifications in networking, virtualization and hyperconverged technologies or existing Nutanix certifications are highly desirable.
- Linux experience preferred but not required.
- MacOS support experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required along with being a consistent team player.
- Strong organizational, documentation, project management skills including development of detailed project plans.
- Strategic and business skills along with strong technical skills.
- Well-developed methodologies for troubleshooting technical problems.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF's core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #21065
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
WWF Washington, DC
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Plastic and Waste Senior Program Officer at our Washington, DC office.