About the Job
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cultivate and develop relationships with foundations and grant giving organizations, to deepen, broaden, and diversify how CEED interacts with and serves existing and prospective foundation and grant giving clients, including their grantees and/or implementing partners.
- Create a partnership approach that is systematic, strategic, and forward thinking in its ability to anticipate future trends and funding priorities across philanthropies, especially in CEED priority areas (Inclusion, Food Security & Climate Resilience)
- Contribute to the growth and development of CEED’s foundation work, including helping to identify new opportunities and cultivating relationships with foundation staff. The Officer will collaborate closely with senior leaders and regional managers to serve as a resource in building connections that look beyond traditional project funding.
- Collaborate with CEED leadership and program staff in order to understand, present, and articulate CEED’s unique expertise in entrepreneurship and SGB development and support. Develop a compelling case for how foundations can partner with CEED to achieve impact and build communities via entrepreneurship support.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funders, including preparing and presenting impact data, development models, theory of change, sustainability approach, collaboration ideas, concept notes, final proposals and reports to foundations and other stakeholders. Meeting venues may include foundation headquarters, grantee convenings, conferences, and collaboratives.
- Build and maintain relationships and partnerships with contractors that need CEED’s expertise, model and sustainability approach to successfully implement multiyear economic development projects.
- Continuously and thoroughly follow databases, aggregators and individual websites that publish information about foundations and grant giving organizations calls for proposals and grants.
- Build institutional capacity to steward and maintain relationships with foundation staff; help develop junior CEED staff to manage relationships and build avenues for the organization as a whole to understand foundation needs/priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in a related social policy field is strongly preferred
- 5 or more years of proven leadership in or with foundations, ideally including work with both US and European funders
- Knowledge of foundation landscape in the US and Africa, including prominent national foundations, foundation-serving organizations, grantees, and other implementing partners; the ability to position CEED effectively with existing and new partners to identify opportunities to fund the various areas in where CEED works
- Proven capability in strategic planning and project development, including successfully developing and leading new areas of work and managing teams to perform that work
- Demonstrated success in developing, building, and maintain relationships with senior leaders and private sector development staff across different sectors and organizations
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proposal development, design and writing skills
- Flexibility to support the various levels of business development
Please send an email to Careers@seaf.com with "Strategic Partnerships & Outreach Officer" in the subject line.
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds
Small Enterprise Assistance Funds (“SEAF”) is an impact investing firm that provides growth capital and business assistance to SMEs in emerging and transitioning markets underserved by traditional sources of capital. Its partner organization, Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development (“CEED”), provides entrepreneurs and their executive teams the know-how and networks they need to accelerate the growth of their businesses and to promote the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the broader society. Through its network of investment funds and CEED centers around the world, SEAF invests in high-growth entrepreneurs seeking to build scalable businesses, hoping to realize both returns for investors and strong development impact in the local communities.