About the Job
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our fast paced, dynamic and caring team, striving to be at the forefront of our professional field. You will play a key role in the systematic appraisal of all new investments across the Group, with specific focus on climate change risk and impact assessment. We are looking for a passionate team player with the ambition to lead and continuously develop this area of work.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the Head of Development Impact in the early-stage review of the sustainable development impact of prospective investments, with specific focus on climate related impacts. The individual will be an expert in development impact assessment of investments with relevant subject matter expertise in infrastructure sector and assessment of climate change risks and impact of investments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the effective running of PIDG Development Impact review and sign off process for new investments.
- Ensure that appropriate input is timely provided by relevant team members in the review of prospective deals.
- Progressively take responsibility for screening and assessing relevant climate change risks and impacts of each investment assess.
- Progressively take responsibility to ensure that the output of the Development Impact and climate review are finalised timely and to high standards for sign off by Head of Development Impact.
- Ensure that clear monitoring and evaluation requirements are articulated for each deal and coordinate with relevant team members working on monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Managing and maintaining an up-to-date record of outputs of the development impact review and sign off process for each transaction.
- Produce reports on review and endorsement process for regular reporting and planning exercises (e.g. monthly, quarterly and Board reports).
- Contribute to continuous development of the Development Impact Systems and integration with HSES, Risk and Finance, with specific focus on climate change risks and impacts.
- Contribute to the overall work of the Development Impact team and network across PIDG.
- Degree in a relevant economics, finance, statistics, social science, international development discipline
- Advanced degree in one of the relevant disciplines (desirable)
- Relevant certification in environmental impact assessments or carbon accounting is a plus (not essential)
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable and extensive work experience in a relevant field, preferably within development finance institution, (impact) investment or management consultancy industry
- Experience/understanding of private sector development, impact management and achieving development outcomes through investments.
- Experience/understanding of the infrastructure sector.
- Experience/understanding of assessing climate change risks and impacts of investments is essential. Understanding of carbon accounting desirable.
- Understanding of wider climate change mitigation and adaptation issues linked to infrastructure investments in Africa and Asia essential. Understanding/experience of natural capital investment desirable.
- Work experience in developing countries, preferably in Africa and South Asia
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for delivery of high-quality deliverables, organising self and others to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while working with ambiguity.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated passion and drive to achieve sustainable development impact objectives/results.
- Team player with the ability to work effectively with colleagues across multiple teams and locations.
Please send your CV and covering letter to
Sandie Rochfort Head of HR, PIDG Ltd
PIDG is an equal opportunities employer and values the diversity of all its employees, associates, owners, service providers and customers.
The Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG)
The Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) is an innovative infrastructure project developer and investor which mobilises private investment in sustainable and inclusive infrastructure in sub-Saharan Africa and south and south-east Asia. PIDG investments promote socio-economic development within a just transition to net zero emissions, combat poverty and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.