About the Job
This is a program support position and plays a key role in ensuring the smooth execution of the Communications and Outreach at the GIIN. The GIIN is seeking candidates who are self-starters and energized about supporting a field-building organization dedicated to growing the impact investing market. This role offers an opportunity to support systemic change around capitalism, for those who wish to magnify their impact. Applicants should have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Coordinator must also be highly responsible, collaborative, resourceful, and flexible. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver who likes learning (some training can be provided), and takes initiative to consistently perform to high standards. Experience working in a professional office environment is preferred.
Providing general support on the production of communication and marketing materials designed to increase the visibility of impact investing and the GIIN’s role in the industry’s growth. This could include preparing PowerPoint presentations for the staff team and our global senior advisors.
Supporting our media relations, arranging meetings for journalists and our spokespeople, preparing briefing materials, sharing and tracking coverage, preparing quarterly reports about media activity.
Sharing key resources and news across our digital channels. This includes drafting tweets, posting on LinkedIn, updating our website, managing our Google grants success, tracking key performance indicators using tools such as Google Analytics, and preparing quarterly reports about digital activity.
Supporting the GIIN Investor Forum, a large event run by the GIIN, as well as smaller events, evaluating and responding to speaker invitations from external organizations.
LOCATION: Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. Our team is currently working remotely through July 2021. We anticipate this position will be based in our New York, NY office once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $45,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ work experience demonstrating exceptional administrative, organizational, and/or event planning abilities.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive communicator who identifies problems, communicates them, and takes initiative to solve them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and service orientation
- Experience with either social or traditional media is desirable, but not required.
- Experience with and/or aptitude for technology solutions and databases, such as Salesforce, RingCentral, Zoom, MailChimp, Cision, etc.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Interest or experience in impact investing and/or social and environmental issues
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours at times of peak project flow
- Personable, engaging presence with diplomacy, tact, and good humor
- Aligned in thought and action with GIIN’s values: https://thegiin.org/values-and-guiding-principles
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com by 4 June 2021. State “Communications Coordinator _ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your salary requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investing is one of the most important social innovations of our time, and interest in it is exploding. The GIIN, now eleven years old and backed by leading funders such as The Rockefeller Foundation, Ford Foundation, USAID, the UK Department for International Development, Prudential, and J.P. Morgan, has a growing membership network of over 300 members in 50 countries. The GIIN works to mobilize a global network of leading financial institutions and others to dramatically increase the amount of capital being deployed effectively to social and environmental issues around the world. To learn more about the work we do and impact investing, please visit www.thegiin.org