About the Job
The Senior Technical Assistance Facility Manager will lead the Technical Assistance (TA) Facility Management team of the Common Fund with its goals of external service provision and the expansion of networks within the financial service providers active in agricultural development in Africa and Latin America.
- Masters level education in Agriculture / Forestry or International Development / Relations / Business / Project Management / Impact Investment / Sustainable Development / Finance.
- Proven ability to understand the opportunities and challenges faced by agribusiness companies and stakeholders in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America.
- 3+ years’ experience in team leadership positions.
- Good negotiating and communication skills, ability to perceive problems and react quickly to effect solutions.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel) and ability to analyse data.
- Working within budget guidelines and promoting ways to add value and reduce costs within the team.
- Could work virtually or ability to adapt without compromising quality.
- Performance manage, develop, train and ensure efficient utilisation of staff.
- Manage the staffing, development, performance and outcomes of assigned team reporting to the position.
- Knowledge on articulating/drafting social media promotion to provide greater visibility to her/his work.
- Skills in writing impact stories with vivid empathy for the poverty-stricken people.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage priorities that may shift frequently.
- Knowledge of Green Recovery and Sustainability Programs to alleviate poverty in a post pandemic era.
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects, and preferably service contracts (e.g. consultants), and ability to deliver according to agreed-upon timelines.
- Strong self-motivation, self-driven and with excellent ability to work independently and under remote leadership as well as in diverse teams across different time zones.
- Strong team player with excellent client service orientation and openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Experience of networking and relationship building with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Preferably good command of written and spoken French. Good command of Spanish is considered an additional advantage.
The full Terms of Reference for this position, along with application procedures, are laid out on the CFC website: https://www.common-fund.org/about-us/jobs-1/current-vacancies-senior-taf-manager/
Common Fund for Commodities
The Common Fund’s mandate is to enhance the socioeconomic development of commodity producers and contribute to the development of society as a whole. In line with its market-oriented approach, the Fund concentrates on commodity development projects financed from its resources.