About the Job
The focus of this position is on the innovative implementation of projects approved by the decision-making bodies of the CFC. The duties mainly focus on the implementation of financial interventions for the private sector and mainstreaming innovations in the value chain to increase productivity efficiency leading to improvements in the income and welfare of the smallholder farmers and SMEs.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s level or higher) in Economics, Forestry, Sustainable Development, Precision Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance or related fields.
- Experience (at least 2 years) of working in a financial and or development environment, ideally in an impact fund, at least in a commercial / development bank, a development investment fund or a development organization.
- Experience in assessing technological and operational innovation.
- Ability to inject new ideas and technologies, in a consensus environment, along the value chain or production process to provide improvements to the income and welfare of stakeholders without compromising the environment.
- Knowledge and experience of financial matters associated with the implementation of loan and equity-oriented agriculture / SME projects.
- Experience with the implementation of loan and collateral structures, with a background in the management of financial risk.
- Proven ability of appraisal of financial interventions directed towards loan financed development projects.
- Knowledge of and interest in project impacts linked to climate, green recovery, and circulatory matters.
- Experience in planning and reporting on projects. The CFC desires that all members are qualified to make impact visible with their interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working in a multicultural / international environment as a member of a diverse team.
- Strong team player with excellent client service orientation and openness to feedback and new ideas, contributes to a good working environment.
- Experience and proven ability in the use of databases, spreadsheet programs and word processing.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is preferred.
Read the full Terms of Reference for this position on the CFC website, following the application instructions noted there: https://www.common-fund.org/about-us/jobs-1/current-vacancies/
Common Fund for Commodities
The Common Fund’s mandate is to enhance the socioeconomic development of commodity producers and contribute to the development of society as a whole. In line with its market-oriented approach, the Fund concentrates on commodity development projects financed from its resources.