About the Job
Your Position with TNC
The Global Lead, Impact Finance and Markets is a dynamic and entrepreneurial team leader with an established reputation and extensive experience working with corporations, impact investing and the environmental non-profit sector. They lead a talented team of professionals to deliver high-impact, large scale and durable partnerships and transactions through three current functional areas: NatureVest*, Corporate Engagement and TNC’s newly formed natural climate solutions markets team. The Global Lead is a visionary leader and accomplished dealmaker who, working with a global team, drives innovation and delivers corporate engagements that produce tangible, lasting results in pursuit of TNC’s 2030 climate and biodiversity protection goals. The Global Lead reports directly to the CEO, is a member of TNC’s Executive Leadership Team and serves as a critical thought leader and advisor to TNC’s Global Board of Directors.
- NatureVest is the impact investment unit of The Nature Conservancy. NatureVest’s mission is to create and transact investable deals that deliver conservation results and financial returns for investors. Our vision is based on the conviction that capital markets, businesses and governments must invest in nature as the long-term capital stock of a sustainable, equitable and more efficient economy. To achieve our mission, we source and structure investment products that support The Nature Conservancy’s strategies, raise capital for these investments, and share our knowledge and experience with the investment and conservation communities to amplify our efforts in this emerging area.
Please visit the full job description on our careers website https://www.nature.org/careers to learn more about the responsibilities and other expectations of this position!
Washington DC area is preferred but flexible to New York City, NY; Chicago, IL and San Francisco, CA.
The ideal candidate should have either a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of experience and education, and 10 years senior management experience. They will also have corporate experience at a senior executive level in the Environmental, Social, Governance or Supply Chain, Impact Investing sector. They will share experience with negotiation and entrepreneurial skills; succeeding in a matrix management environment; working with international teams and attracting a diverse, international staff; fundraising and generating revenue; and leading and closing large deals and developing high-impact program strategies. The candidate will also be skillful in communication and interpersonal relationships.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
- Master’s Degree in business/management
- Ability to set an ambitious vision and agenda to move an organization to the next level.
- Ability to travel both within the United States and internationally.
- Direct experience in impact investing and carbon and/or other ecosystem markets.
- Experience working in a heavily decentralized matrix structured environment, federated NGO or large corporation is a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly visible environment.
- Multilingual or bilingual fluency is preferred.
Read the full job description of the Global Lead, Impact Finance and Markets: 49693 position on our career site https://www.nature.org/careers. Submit resume (required) and cover letter separately. Applications will be reviewed in the order they’re received and the position will remain open until filled.
The Nature Conservancy
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.