About the Job
ABOUT COMMMON GOAL
Common Goal (powered by streetfootballworld) is a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges in the world today.
The idea is simple: Common Goal’s members pledge 1% of their earnings to a central fund. And together we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the UN Global Goals.
Since Common Goal’s inception in August 2017, more than 180 professional football players and managers, including Liverpool FC head coach Jürgen Klopp, World Cup winners Juan Mata and Megan Rapinoe, and football legends such as Eric Cantona have joined the movement. To help us unleash the unique potential of Football for Good, we are looking for a Member Management Intern (f/m/d) to join our team in Berlin as of June/July 2021.
- You work closely with our Membership team to deliver a world-class donor experience to Common Goal’s members (players, managers and supporters who have signed up for the pledge).
- You support our member communication across each stage of the customer lifecycle, from the formal onboarding and announcement of members to the timely delivery of impact reporting.
- You maintain and update our engagement and member communication calendars.
- You deliver on specific touchpoints, such as monthly highlights and campaign communications.
- You support Data Management by collecting and updating data on Common Goal members and business partners.
- You track measures of engagement and gather feedback on our members’ motivations, needs and satisfaction.
- You support the ongoing development and improvement of Common Goal's member journey strategy.
- You are a matriculated university student (until the end of your internship), preferably in an advanced semester.
- You are fluent in English and have an advanced level of Spanish.
- You are a people person, with exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to work and interact with a wide range of target audiences (ranging from professional football players, to fans and business partners).
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask efficiently.
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and are familiar with CRM systems. Experience in donor communications or customer journey mapping is highly desirable.
- You are located in Germany, ideally Berlin, or willing to relocate to Germany as of May or June 2021.
- You believe in our mission and are willing to go the extra mile for the cause.
- Make a 3-6 months internship with a monthly remuneration of 450 Euros as of June/July 2021 your own.
- Experience real responsibility from day one and full ownership of your tasks.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Benefit from an experience that connects you to both the football industry and football for development sector.
- Last but not least, join a squad where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
Do you want to play an active part in a growing movement that’s changing the game for good? Then get into the game and join our team!
Kick things off by submitting your application by May 15, 2021, including the following documents, via our online application form https://podio.com/webforms/20853377/1435060:
- Your CV
- A 250-300 word cover letter—stating your interest and experience
- No more than 400 words on an outline of a community engagement campaign that you identify as relevant to Common Goal to increase community engagement. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
streetfootballworld is a global NGO that harnesses the power of football to tackle some of the greatest social challenges of our time. The organisation’s work supports an international network of over 130 grassroots organisations that use football as a tool to address deep-rooted community issues, ranging from refugee integration in Ireland to gender equality in Kenya. Collectively, the network empowers more than two million disadvantaged young people per year.
In 2017, streetfootballworld launched Common Goal, a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: to unite the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges of our times. Common Goal’s members (football players, managers, fans and businesses) pledge a minimum of 1% of their annual earnings to a central fund. Together, we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the United Nations Global Goals.