About the Job
The Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications will lead the organization in a new chapter of rapid growth, building on the 27 year legacy of HOPE (Hope Enterprise Corporation, Hope Credit Union and Hope Policy Institute) working for social, racial and economic justice in the Deep South. This new senior leadership position corresponds with unprecedented opportunities regionally and nationally to advance HOPE’s mission, brand and influence.
Given the magnitude of the role, the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications will work directly with the CEO, in collaboration with the Chief Policy and Communications Officer, to provide strategic thought leadership on all communications matters affecting the organization. Supported by a team of four communications professionals and a team of consultants, the SVP will lead efforts to grow the impact and significance of HOPE’s B2B / B2C marketing; Investor Relations and Policy Communications and Media / Public Relations.
The role requires a team builder and cross-functional leader motivated by building financial inclusion and economic equity. This senior leader will have a proven record of accomplishment in the development of new initiatives and partnerships, and possess the ability to think both critically and creatively in a fast moving and changing environment. While recognizing HOPE’s history, the ideal candidate will position the organization to capitalize on the opportunities of the moment in ways not yet realized.
A minimum of 10 years of experience leading marketing initiatives (particularly within a regulated industry), investor relations and policy communications;
- A strong track record of building a multi-person team directed towards the growth and development of both individuals and the department;
- A background in the evaluation and optimization of user experience for a variety of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated fluency in the technologies and practices that fuel digital marketing, as well as more traditional forms of media;
- A highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a cross-functional environment and is able to manage shifting priorities;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize critical assignments and coordinate numerous projects simultaneously;
- Confidence to represent HOPE’s interests well with philanthropic partners, brands, and government officials at the highest levels;
- Respect for a compliance and consumer mindset, including knowledge of financial service regulations and ability to gauge potential risks and to recommend mitigation;
- Charisma, sincerity and intention to earn the respect of internal and external stakeholders;
- Embrace of HOPE’s culture and values. Possesses an understanding of, and respect for, the communities and people HOPE serves.
Hope Enterprise Corporation
HOPE is a family of development organizations dedicated to strengthening communities, building assets and improving lives in the Delta and other economically distressed parts of Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. Comprised of a regional credit union (Hope Credit Union), loan fund (Hope Enterprise Corporation) and policy center (Hope Policy Institute), HOPE has provided financial services, leveraged private and public resources, and shaped policies that have benefited more than 1 million residents in one of the nation’s most persistently poor regions. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities