About the Job
Innovest Advisory is launching a Fellowship programme to offer exciting opportunities to individuals with relevant backgrounds and a demonstrated interest in impact investment. Fellows will be immersed into our pioneering work and stand alongside a dynamic and diverse team, and support the delivery of a range of impact investment related engagement with our global clients. As a global business, fellows can locate themselves in Johannesburg, London, Guernsey, Jersey or they can join us online.
This opportunity offers fellows:
- Exposure to the rapidly growing and exciting field of impact investing
- The development of good understanding of the key players and networks in the sector
- Delivery experience for engagements with a number of impact funds and/or social enterprises, projects will be tailored to your individual background and interests.
- A chance to support a growing start up
- Exposure to all levels of the business
- Highly individual, immersive and challenging fellowship opportunities
Fellowships range from 3-6 months, and the focus will be developed with you on an individual basis, to ensure that the programme is aligned to your interests and meeting your objectives, as well as delivering on business priorities.
While the fellowship is generally unpaid, Innovest Advisory does offer stipends depending on the Fellow’s qualifications, background and the timeframe.
Our Fellows have a range of backgrounds and motivations for undertaking the placement and we provide tailored experiences that align to your background, to the extent possible. We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- Undergraduate and/or Post graduate degree
- A proven interest in impact
- 5+ years work experience in a professional field
- Work experience in a related field is highly desirable. This includes finance, business management, economics, sustainability and climate change, international development, assurance, data analysis.
- Strong project management skills are desirable
- A minimum commitment to Innovest of three months
We are currently recruiting and accepting fellows throughout the year. If you’re interested, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Innovest Advisory is an impact investment advisory firm which seeks to unleash the power of public and private capital to address some of the world's most challenging issues through a rigorous focus on impact.
We provide a full range of services to fund managers and social impact companies that want to be more intentional about impact. We help our clients develop innovative funding structures and develop impact management frameworks, and we leverage our international network to contribute funding, know-how and capabilities to achieve agreed development outcomes in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our impact services include impact strategy development, impact measurement and management, impact due diligence, design of impact incentives, managing impact risk, impact verification and other related impact services.
We work across a spectrum of sectors, with a particular focus on financial inclusion, agriculture and energy, and we see a growing demand for services in climate change and environmental sustainability. We work globally, with a particular focus on Europe and Africa.
We believe that effective impact measurement and management are essential in order to ensure the impact integrity of funds in the eyes of investors and other stakeholders, and we work to drive best practise and continued innovation.