About the Job
AlphaMundi’s Investment Associate will be based in Bogotá, Colombia, and actively support the team in Latin America with all aspects of the investment process from pipeline sourcing to diligence and investment monitoring. SocialAlpha currently has 16 portfolio companies located in Mexico, Ecuador, Peru & Colombia. Frequent travel throughout the region will be required (travelling will be limited until the current COVID19 crisis ends). Until notified otherwise, employees are working from their home.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in all parts of the investment process including but not limited to: conducting detailed market and country analysis, performing due diligence on pipeline companies, preparing investment memos and recommendations, and contributing to investment decisions;
- Help monitor the current investment portfolio, and provide management support to portfolio companies through the holding period to actively manage and mitigate risks;
- Help maintain, prepare, and present detailed investment documentation on the Latin American portfolio companies for AlphaMundi management, the Investment Committee, and the Board;
- Support AlphaMundi activities in the region, and develop strong relations with portfolio and pipeline companies, co-investors, and institutional partners.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 4-year degree in a relevant field (finance, business, economics) with master’s degree preferred;
- At least 8 years of working experience, including 4 years of financial analysis or investment management experience in SMEs, preferably in Venture Capital or investment banking;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience with an Impact Investing Firm, a Development Finance Institution, a Microfinance Fund or a leading firm in Private Equity, investment banking or consulting;
- Strong financial acumen including accounting, valuation skills, and Excel financial modelling;
- Knowledge and operational experience in fintech, microfinance, renewable energy, recycling, and/or agriculture, and dedication to sustainable development;
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a good aptitude for pro-active communication and transparency, patience and perseverance;
- Entrepreneurial team-player with the ability to work independently in Colombia;
- Being from or living for the last 3+ years in Latin America a requirement;
- Willingness to travel throughout Latin America.
To apply for this position please submit both a resume and cover letter to José Lozano and Lina Moya (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10 May 2021. Please title the documents lastname firstname – resume, and lastname firstname - cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please list 3 business references in your resume, and a sample list of up to 5 transactions and your role in each of them.
AlphaMundi Group Ltd is a commercial entity based in Switzerland and exclusively dedicated to Impact Investing: profitable investments that generate substantial net benefits to society. Since 2009, AlphaMundi provides debt and equity financing to scalable impact ventures in Latin America and Africa, across Sustainable Development Goals sectors such as Finance, Food and Energy.
AlphaMundi is currently investing out of two funds: 1) its impact debt fund, SocialAlpha Investment Fund (SAIF), domiciled in Luxembourg with a Delaware feeder for US investors, and 2) a debt and equity fund, AlphaJiri, that invests exclusively in Africa. AlphaMundi also manages co-investments for SAIF investors and third parties. In 2017, AlphaMundi began integrating gender analysis throughout its activities, promoting diversity at the management company, portfolio company, and beneficiary levels.
Through the AlphaMundi Foundation in Washington DC, the Group contributes to industry growth through education events, publications and associations, and measures the impact of AlphaMundi’s investments on a quarterly basis. The Foundation further manages a Powering Agriculture grant program to provide technical support to impact ventures operating at the nexus of energy and agriculture and a Gender Lens Technical Assistance program that seeks to embed gender-smart practices in the DNA of companies, empowering women at all levels of the organization—and ultimately delivering enhanced social and financial returns.