About the Job
Plan International is seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative individual with experience in social entrepreneurship, impact investing, gender lens investing and innovation and who is passionate about gender equality to join its Impact Lab in Kenya.
The Gender Lens Network Lead will be part of the Impact Lab, a global team leading Plan International’s work in social finance and gender lens investing. This role will work as part of a team of three based in Kenya who will collectively be developing the organisation's gender lens investing strategy.
The Gender Lens Network Lead will be critical in the design and implementation of Plan International’s Gender Lens Ventures pilot in Kenya. The role will work extensively with external stakeholders to build Plan International’s network within in the gender lens investing ecosystem in Kenya and East Africa. This role will be critical in sourcing and managing partnerships and projects with external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of Plan International’s Gender Lens Ventures work in Kenya.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Educated to at least Degree level in social entrepreneurship, business management or similar
- 5+ years of experience working in social entrepreneurship, venture capital, impact investing, management consulting or similar in Kenya
- Deep understanding of and experience working in the gender lens investing ecosystem in Kenya
- Experience or interest in social finance and impact investing in the international development context
- Exceptional relationship building skills – networking, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Experience leading high-level stakeholder engagement and strategic partnerships
- Strong project management skills, with the demonstrated ability to lead the delivery of complex projects that create significant social impact
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of human-centred design and experience adapting it and applying it for social impact
- Self-starter and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Since adopting our global strategy, 100 Million Reasons, our global work to advance children’s rights and equality for girls has had unprecedented impact. We have been transforming our operations at the Global Hub to be the best possible partner for the 8,000+ staff who work in our country offices, and working to become a more agile, efficient and accountable organization. We have improved our mechanisms for collaboration, transparency and data-gathering. The transformation has also increased the number of decisions to be taken close to the point of impact and distributed power more widely throughout the organisation.
To bring about lasting change, we have to live our values. We are committed not simply to telling the world we are the go to organisation on girls’ rights, but to embedding justice and equality in all that we do.
Will you join us?