About the Job
We are working with a key client as they seek to further develop their sustainable investing capabilities in private markets by brining on a senior individual to work with the CEO to conceptualise and deliver an investment capability focused on natural capital. The platform will launch with $500m in capital to deploy and with the intention of building a multi-billion portfolio of investment over time.
This is a key leadership role where we are seeking an individual with extensive global networks who can put together a team that will be able to deploy capital across a range of instruments to produce credible financial returns alongside measurable positive impact on key natural capital metrics.
- Managing an investment platform deploying capital in areas such as mitigation markets, infrastructure investment and private companies to enhance the functioning of either their own capital stock or SME's acting as enablers for the broader economy
- Building a team of investment professionals and natural capital specialists to over investments in debt, equity and real assets/infrastructure
- Working with key strategic clients to drive further co-investment activity and scale funds on the platform
- Present at high profile conferences and client events with technical expertise, insight and thought leadership to drive further capacity building in this space
- Extensive knowledge and deep networks across the natural capital space in areas such as: Air Quality, Biodiversity, Forestry, mangroves, Peatlands, Soil and Water
- Experience working on or managing investment/transaction in fields such as: conservation finance, aquacultures, Reforestation/land use, regenerative/sustainable agriculture, freshwater resources, biodiversity/carbon offsetting projects, Coastal resilience
- Good understanding of the evolving regulatory environment (TNFD for example) and its implications for investors operating in this space
- In-depth understanding of the complex interdependencies which exist in the natural world and the ability to deliver an investment strategy that harnesses them in a commercial and scalable way.
If you have the combination of natural capital expertise and investment/capital markets experience outlined above and would like to join one of the most progressive global asset managers, please get in touch today with George Roberts via firstname.lastname@example.org.