About the Job
We are seeking a purpose driven and motivated individual to join our rapidly growing team to support our Impact Measurement and Management service. The individual will support our client engagements with impact investors, impact funds, private wealth and social enterprises. You will be at the forefront of developing and assessing impact measurement frameworks across a number of sectors, in order to drive enhanced social and environmental performance of investment funds and companies.
This is an opportunity to become part of an innovative growing business working to improve the lives of people and the planet, especially in emerging and frontier countries, and to work towards the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Reporting to the Impact Lead, you will:
- Support the deployment of impact measurement, management and reporting services on behalf of Innovest’s clients, utilising a range of relevant frameworks and implementing surveying and other data collection tools.
- Research to support the development of impact strategy, theory of change, impact framework and impact metrics for client engagements.
- Support the project management of client engagement including preparation of deliverables
As a global business, candidates will work with our teams in Johannesburg, London, Guernsey and Jersey. You will ideally be based in Johannesburg, South Africa. For the right candidate we are open to flexible online arrangements.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- BSc/MSc degree in a relevant field, including but not limited to: Development Studies, Development Economics, Sustainable Development
- 2-4 years relevant work experience in socio-economic development.
- Experience and/or proven interest in sectors of socio-economic development including but not limited to: financial inclusion, agriculture, water, energy, housing, education, climate change and biodiversity.
- Experience working in developing economies or for clients in developing economies
- Strong quantitative skills and competence with data analysis and visualisation in Google Suite (Sheets and DataStudio) and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of adapting your approach to suit different contexts.
- Experience in a consultancy environment or a development institution.
- Experience designing, testing and refining impact measurement, management or evaluation approaches.
- Strong project management skills are desirable.
If you’re interested in joining our growing and dynamic team, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may commence before the closing date therefore we encourage early applications.
Innovest Advisory is an impact investment advisory firm which seeks to unleash the power of public and private capital to address some of the world's most challenging issues through a rigorous focus on impact.
We provide a full range of services to fund managers and social impact companies that want to be more intentional about impact. We help our clients develop innovative funding structures and develop impact management frameworks, and we leverage our international network to contribute funding, know-how and capabilities to achieve agreed development outcomes in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our impact services include impact strategy development, impact measurement and management, impact due diligence, design of impact incentives, managing impact risk, impact verification and other related impact services.
We work across a spectrum of sectors, with a particular focus on financial inclusion, agriculture and energy, and we see a growing demand for services in climate change and environmental sustainability. We work globally, with a particular focus on Europe and Africa.
We believe that effective impact measurement and management are essential in order to ensure the impact integrity of funds in the eyes of investors and other stakeholders, and we work to drive best practise and continued innovation.