About the Job
Acre is pleased to be partnering with the IIGCC (Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change) to aid them in their search for an ESG Investment Specialist with a focus on Private Markets / Real Assets.
The Company The IIGCC is the European membership body for investor collaboration on climate change. There are currently over 280 members, including some of the largest pension funds and asset managers across 18 countries, representing over $36trillion in assets under management.
IIGCC’s mission is to mobilise capital for the low carbon transition and to ensure resilience to the impacts of a changing climate.
The Role The IIGCC is looking to build out their Investor Practice division with the addition of a Private Markets/ Real Asset specialist.
The role will see you aid in the development and uptake of the IIGCC’s Net Zero Investment Framework (NZIF), a practical tool to support global net zero emissions by 2050, consistent with 1.5°C and in line with the Paris Agreement.
You will work with investors to develop and refine methodologies and tools designed to help investment firms decarbonize their portfolios and will be responsible for managing the Private Equity and Real Estate working groups.
- Manage the work and collaboration among IIGCC members, to develop and update methodologies and approaches for measuring alignment of portfolios.
- Support investors in developing and implementing best practice approaches to implement net zero commitments across governance, strategic asset allocation, target setting, portfolio construction, and policy advocacy.
- Develop and manage relationships with partner organisations; third party data/ methodology providers and funders to help disseminate, consult on and build buy-in to the NZIF.
- Undertake or manage pieces of research that are relevant to supporting development of the Framework.
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives and programmes as required.
- Experience working in Private Markets and/or Real Asset investments and proficiency in using research and analysis to inform investment decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on climate related issues applied in an investment context (e.g. climate risk, climate scenario analysis and carbon accounting).
- An understanding of carbon footprinting, climate target setting and climate change reporting systems.
The role presents a unique opportunity to be actively involved in bringing about systemic and sustainable change by having a direct influence on how trillions of dollars of assets are allocated to help achieve a net zero emissions future.
If you are interested in finding out more, please reach out to Katy Quicke at Acre via email@example.com or apply with your CV.
We can only accept applications from candidates with the right to work in the UK.