About the Job
THE POSITION Reporting to OFN President & CEO Lisa Mensah, who was recently highlighted by Forbes and Morning Joe as a leader in helping safeguard small businesses during the pandemic, the CSOO will support the CEO and lead the development, planning, and execution of OFN’s corporate and financial strategy. The newly formed CSOO position will help the organization grow as an association and succeed in its ambitious work to reach its goals of financing justice and fighting for the capital and impact of the CDFI field.
The CSOO will: Partner and Execute Vision and Strategy of the President & CEO
- Manage strategic initiatives of the President & CEO, with focus on implementation throughout the Leadership Team.
- Support execution of key priorities of the President & CEO through advice and engagement with the Leadership Team.
- Mange the leadership and staff development process including goal setting, annual performance evaluations, promotions, and hiring strategies.
- Facilitate key relationships and partnerships for the President & CEO including industry trade association leadership and the OFN Board of Directors.
Develop and Implement Corporate Strategy
- Serve as a voting member of OFN’s Investment Committee responsible for loans to CDFI members. Currently, OFN has an on-balance sheet loan portfolio of $144 million and manages a capital on- and off-balance sheet of $980 million.
- Drive, coordinate, and manage OFN’s multi-year strategic and financial planning process, acting as a project manager to ensure alignment between work plans, budget, and strategic goals.
- Lead corporate budgeting process, working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, to align budget with the strategic plan priorities and organizational growth.
- Manage OFN Leadership Team meeting cadence (daily, tactical, and strategic meetings) to ensure the team maintains consistency and collaborates in achieving key goals.
- Maintain and report on key metrics related to the ambitious workplans set by the Leadership Team.
- Engage with and support OFN’s 12-person elected Board and serve as Corporate Secretary to the Board.
Develop and Implement Administrative and Operating Strategy
- Manage and facilitate the professional development of a small and growing team that includes a Vice President of Human Resources, Operations Coordinator, and Associate for Information Technology.
- Work with the Leadership Team to remove roadblocks, enhance operational speed, and direct administrative functions of the organization including human resources, information technology, corporate administration, and legal.
- Support the planning and execution of the OFN Annual Conference, a signature event that typically draws 1,500 CDFI professionals, and other major OFN events.
- 10+ years of nonprofit or for-profit management experience.
- Experience in business administration, strategy, and/or operations management preferred.
- Experience working in an organization with a national service delivery model and financial services including public sector finance strongly preferred.
- Experience in community development and financial services for low-income communities preferred.
- Experience developing, supporting, and leading a high-performance management team.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team.
- Strategic thinking and management that can help influence an organization at all levels and build consensus and problem solve towards achieving its vision and goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Collaborative leadership style.
Opportunity Finance Network is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. OFN selects the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or other applicable laws.
To apply, upload resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by clicking here: "https://curawebservices.mindscope.com/RAFFA04463_CURA/Aspx/form.aspx?lang=en&Job_ID=474&source=GIIN":https://curawebservices.mindscope.com/RAFFA04463_CURA/Aspx/form.aspx?lang=en&Job_ID=474&source=GIIN. For other inquiries, contact Peggy Sand at Peggy.Sand@marcumllp.com. Resume review begins immediately.
About Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit & Social Sector Group On behalf of OFN, Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit & Social Sector Group is working with OFN to advance the search. Founded in 1984 and recently merged with Marcum, Raffa is, and always has been, a mission-driven professional services firm seeking to do more for nonprofits and socially conscious companies like OFN. Learn more about our work at "http://marcumllp.com/industries/nonprofit-social-sector":http://marcumllp.com/industries/nonprofit-social-sector .
Opportunity Finance Network
The Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial, and dedicated leader to serve as Chief Strategy and Operations Officer (CSOO) to support and lead the organization at a time of unprecedented growth.
OFN is a leading national association of and advocate for Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs). OFN’s member CDFIs include community development loan funds, banks, venture capital funds, and credit unions that provide financing and other supports to help small businesses, housing initiatives, and projects in low-income communities thrive. In its 35-year history, OFN has helped CDFIs with capital, capacity, and advocacy. OFN’s membership has grown to a nationwide network of 350 CDFIs with over $22 billion in assets. Now more than ever, as the country faces the challenge of rebuilding an economy with deep inequality and structural racism, OFN has redoubled its efforts to help CDFIs grow and increase their impact as agents of change.
OFN is responding to this moment with big, bold vision and an urgent and strategic focus on mobilizing funding and allies for the OFN network. Through partnerships with all major financial institutions, philanthropy, and new corporate partners, OFN has launched an initiative to “Finance Justice” aimed at bringing $1 billion in new private capital to the field along with $200 million of grants. In the last two years alone, OFN has partnered with Google and Twitter on multimillion dollar investments, ensured CDFIs were eligible for the Paycheck Protection Program, and worked with leaders of the Biden Administration to promote the work of CDFIs and drive resources towards them.
The diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative people who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. OFN staff are guided by the following:
- Passion for the mission and belief in the organization’s core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate, confident and resilient in the fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Seeking of knowledge and ability to thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities served.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player, possessing humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of OFN’s work.
For additional information about the unprecedented growth and innovation at OFN, please visit the website.