About the Job
This role is intended to support the overall mission and goals of Gratitude Railroad, in particular in growing and sustaining GRR’s community efforts. We are looking for an impact-driven and entrepreneurial generalist who can help boost learning & engagement across GRR’s digital marketing & events (virtual & in-person). You will work directly with Jessie Tang, Principal & Head of Strategic Initiatives, with significant interaction with the management team and investment partners & broader community.
As part of the role, you will gain an understanding of exposure to the GRR community, developing contacts with investors, entrepreneurs, industry leaders and NGOs; and help grow GRR’s brand and presence in the impact investing ecosystem.
You will support the organization primarily through the firm’s community engagement efforts. Key responsibilities for this position will include the following:
1. Investor & Community Engagement
- Strengthen and grow GRR’s network of accomplished investors and ecosystem builders, including academics, activists, business leaders, fund managers and entrepreneurs.
- Design and distribute a survey for broader GRR community to better understand their interests and impact investing needs. Analyze results, segment respondents, and make strategic recommendations based on data for new initiatives such as events, working groups and other opportunities for engagement.
- Support CRM system management through Salesforce to ensure flawless follow up.
- Support new business development initiatives through prospect research and landscape analysis.
- Attend Investment Meetings as needed. Support preparation as well as follow up for meetings as needed.
2. Event Management
- Develop content for and execute high caliber learning, community building and pitch events.
- Provide event logistics support, including pre-event marketing, curation of invite lists, attendee communications and follow up, and tech support for virtual meetings.
- Assist with planning and logistics for in-person / hybrid events, including the relationship management of community partners.
- Manage post-event communications using CRM and other internal system trackers. Collect and analyze event metrics to ensure learning and continuous improvement.
- Write event recaps that can be shared out as collateral for our website, newsletters, etc.
3. Digital Marketing
- Manage GRR’s broad digital marketing efforts, including content calendar, website, social media, video, blog posts, newsletter, and media kits;
- Support marketing of events that GRR is a co-host or sponsor of (e.g. SOCAP, etc)
- Develop marketing collateral in-house and work with external design teams (when necessary)
- Participate in a weekly check in with Principal to level-set on ongoing projects, goals, timelines.
- Take on new projects and initiatives under the direction of Principal.
- Participate in weekly GRR team meetings as needed.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience working in event management, digital marketing, or brand
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Mailchimp, etc.
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and sustainable finance
- Flexible and able to work within a small, virtual team and fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated and keen on taking initiative
- Strong writing & data management skills
- Commitment of 15-20 hours per week
- Willingness for some domestic travel
Please e-mail Jessie Tang (email@example.com) with the subject line “Gratitude Railroad Community Manager” with your resume and cover letter. Please detail your interest and experience in event management, digital marketing, and impact investing. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a preferred start date of May 2021.
Gratitude Railroad supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Gratitude Railroad is an impact investing firm and community network guided by a vision to transform capitalism to be a force for greater good. Since 2013, we have educated and convened hundreds of asset owners and allocators who are dedicated to moving investments from traditional finance into impact. We bring together accomplished impact investors, fund managers, entrepreneurs, NGOs, academics and impact service providers to unlock resources and opportunities for our investment community.
Through our dedicated group of investment partners, we syndicate capital to make direct equity investments and seed impact infrastructure opportunities with the potential to deliver social or environmental impact and attractive financial returns.