About the Job
Prosek Partners is a fast-growing integrated communications agency focused on the financial services industry. Over the last five years, ESG and Impact Investing has reached critical mass in North America, and Prosek is quickly becoming a partner to firms focused on developing and refining their strategic communications and integrated marketing campaigns focused on ESG and Impact.
We are looking to recruit and hire individuals with varying skills and experience who are passionate and knowledgeable about ESG and Impact. These individuals will work directly with client teams to formulate, manage and execute proactive communications programs. They will work closely with senior team members on communications planning, programming, and content development, proactive and reactive media relations, speaking opportunities and events, and social media and owned channel activities.
At Prosek, all members of our communications team are expected to be strong team players participating in brainstorms and creative strategic planning for clients and internal projects alike. Each member is encouraged to be entrepreneurial in their work, building their network with media and new business prospects and is considered the "writer of their own story." We encourage "unboxed" thinking and expect clever, witty, quick ideas from each member of the team.
- Complete daily scans, draft meeting agendas, timesheets, and clips
- Accurate reporting – meeting deadlines for monthly, quarterly, etc. and including the right content
- High Proficiency in all tools of the trade: Cision, Factiva, iQ Media, etc.
- Understand how to approach different media outlets and their deadlines
- Develop a strong knowledge of the media that influence your client’s stakeholders (customers, prospects, and investors)
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant journalists
- Build and maintain editorial, speaking, and awards calendars
- Demonstrate an understanding of the media landscape most important to client’s business and industries
- Independently develop media pitches and secure relevant opportunities and results
- Create media background and briefing materials to help prepare clients for interviews
- Understand the value of PR to your client’s businesses and how to achieve valuable results for them
- Demonstrate expertise in your client’s business and industry and know your client’s competitors
- Produce client-ready written communications and have strong verbal communication with your clients
Required Skill Set
- Demonstrate proficiency in proofreading and editing
- Extreme attention to detail
- Display compelling narrative and storytelling skills as well as technical and professional attributes
- Write, edit and review first drafts of all press releases, fact sheets, Q&A’s, pitch letters, bios, activity reports, internal and external memos, media results reports or summaries and client recommendations
Communication and Presentation Skills
- Assist in development of presentation content and agendas
- Leverage internal meeting opportunities to prepare and present information about a client’s business, communications initiatives and program results to internal audiences
- Clearly and articulately express yourself in team meetings and be comfortable presenting in front of a group
- Possess great time management skills on multiple accounts
- Ability to prioritize
- Team player mindset and willingness to work collaboratively alongside peers
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Exhibit resourcefulness knowing when to ask questions, and where to look for answers
- Superior attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study
- 1-5 years of experience in the field of communications
Prosek Partners is among the largest independent PR firms in the U.S. We “unbox" communications, bringing fresh ideas and unconventional strategies to financial and business-to-business clients.
Prosek Partners is one of the few domestic, mid-size firms that offers global capabilities through its London office and international network. Specializing in providing a full range of communications solutions to financial and professional services companies, the firm delivers an unexpected level of passion, creativity and marketing savvy. Prosek Partners’ “Unboxed Communications” approach brings breakthrough ideas to every client engagement.
Services include digital and traditional media relations, financial communications, investor relations, crisis communications and issues management, digital marketing, creative services, media training, editorial services and publishing, branded entertainment, and graphic design. Prosek Partners has been named an Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company; was ranked No. 5 (by revenue) among U.S. financial services public relations firms by O’Dwyer’s; and placed No. 11 in the U.S. and No. 20 globally in the mergermarket League Tables of PR Advisors. The agency was also named a “Top Place to Work in PR” by PR News, and a Holmes Report Agency of the Year. Prosek Partners is a certified Minority- and Women-Owned Business.