About the Job
The Position The Head of Outreach will play a pivotal role in growing our community of CEO leaders committing their organizations to take action to build more inclusive economies and societies. This position will lead and focus solely on the Council’s recruitment efforts of Steward and Ally members. It requires a self-starter with superb oral and written communication skills, incredible attention to detail, and experience interacting with C-suite level counterparts. The ideal candidate thrives on achieving excellent results in a rapidly changing environment.
The Head of Outreach will be responsible for developing and executing the Council’s recruitment strategy, setting and meeting targets as agreed to with Council leadership, overseeing the development and use of recruitment materials, evaluating the effectiveness of our recruitment strategy and making adjustments as needed; and working collaboratively with a small, tight-knit team to build excellent relationships with our members.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to have a strong work ethic, be nimble and collaborative, and have an entrepreneurial and results-oriented mindset. The position is currently entirely remote but will be based in New York or Washington D.C. at some point in the future.
- Set and execute recruitment strategy to grow the Council community by bringing on board new Council members
- Build strong relationships with offices of our existing members and work with them to invite and recruit new members to join the Council
- Manage information flow and maintain a record of activities to monitor progress against targets and deadlines
- Develop effective recruitment materials and strategies to aid Council member growth
- Collaborate with teammates to develop materials for use in recruitment, including PPT presentations, briefings, letters, and proposals
- Organize calls/meetings and manage effective member-recruitment follow-up to ensure momentum toward meeting goals
- Conduct research and briefings as needed to prepare for meetings with potential members
- Identify appropriate partners and partner connections to help build the community among members, new and established
- Assist in growing our community and keeping our database up to date.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study
- 2-4 years of project management experience and/or leading multi-stakeholder efforts
- A background in nonprofits, international business, finance, or public policy
- Proven success in working with a variety of stakeholders at senior levels
- Experience in recruiting, sales or other results-oriented positions.
- Efficient and creative problem-solver with superior attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Professional and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working with programs such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce and video conference platforms and comfortable in learning new technologies
- Proactive and flexible with the ability to work both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced work environment
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in our organization to careers@InclusiveCapitalism.com with “Head of Outreach” in the subject line.
Council for Inclusive Capitalism
The Council for Inclusive Capitalism is a global business-led nonprofit organization committed to creating a more inclusive capitalism that delivers long-term value for all stakeholders by improving conditions for people, planet, prosperity and principles of governance. Our organization is working with global leaders and their organizations to drive behaviors and establish concrete goals and measurements to foster greater inclusivity in economic growth and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).