About the Job
The Investment Analyst supports the oversight and management of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s $5 billion investment portfolio. This position does not require prior professional experience in finance or investing. The Analyst role is based on an apprenticeship model centered around learning, development, and collaboration with the Investments Team. The Analyst assists in formulating the investment strategy, uncovering and researching new investment opportunities, and implementing best practices and operational infrastructure to support the total investment program.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researching investment strategies, sector verticals, geographic markets, and other areas that offer potential investment opportunities.
- Investment due diligence, selection and monitoring of investment partners, including fund managers, co-investments, and direct investments.
- Sourcing new opportunities and investment partners across the globe and all asset classes.
- Preparing and presenting investment analysis and recommendations to the internal team and Investment Committee.
- Improving the investment process, including work on investment operations, performance management, and risk management.
TRAITS THAT STRONG CANDIDATES POSSESS:
- Enjoys reading and continuous learning.
- Desires early-career development and mentorship.
- Succeeds in an environment that focuses on relationship-building.
- Interest in finance, investments, and research.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Four-year college degree required.
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and take steps to support and sustain a disciplined investment process.
- Ability to prepare well-written, organized material and present recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and data.
- Ability and interest in researching and uncovering new insights.
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster deep relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
The CF Foundation is the world's leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and nearly every CF-specific drug available today was made possible with our financial support. We are a donor-funded, 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is fully accredited by the Better Business Bureau's (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance program.
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the opportunity to lead long, fulfilling lives by funding research and drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing high-quality, specialized care.