About the Job
Join California FarmLink’s lending team to support the prosperity of California farmers and ranchers, ensure equitable access to economic opportunity, and support environmental stewardship and vibrant local food systems. This position plays a key role in FarmLink’s agricultural lending as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), providing underserved farmers and ranchers with access to capital and technical assistance. The Senior Loan Officer will drive growth in FarmLink’s small business and farmland ownership lending through strong relationships with realtors, lenders, land trusts and other referral partners.
- 5+ years relevant lending experience at a CDFI, ag lender such as FSA or Farm Credit, community bank or other financial institution
- Strong financial analysis skills, experience exercising judgment, willingness to make hard decisions
- Bilingual, with the ability to communicate the written and spoken word in both English and Spanish
- Working knowledge (or ability to obtain working knowledge) of government guarantee programs such as Farm Service Agency, Small Business Administration and others
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Google Productivity Suite, CRM and loan management systems
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, well-disciplined, able to manage multiple and competing deadlines with calmness and courtesy
- Demonstrated self-starter that can work independently, take initiative, and prioritize time wisely
- Highly effective communicator and adept at building relationships
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both clients and FarmLink team members – in person, on the phone and via email
- Possess flexibility, creativity, patience, and a desire to have a positive impact in the world
- An undergraduate degree in business administration, finance, community development or other relevant field is required. For this position, FarmLink may also consider the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Native Spanish speaker
- Experience in and knowledge of sustainable agriculture, with a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges farmers and ranchers face
Please email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Posted March 2021; applications accepted on a rolling basis; open until filled.
See full position description: https://www.californiafarmlink.org/about-us/careers/
The mission of California FarmLink is to invest in the prosperity of farmers and ranchers through lending, education, and access to land. We value equitable access to opportunity, resilient working landscapes, fairness and accountability, and learning from diverse farmers and ranchers. For more info, and to learn about FarmLink’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://www.californiafarmlink.org/deiprinciples/