About the Job
We are looking for an experienced communications professional, with knowledge of strategic communications as well as experience of hands-on content production and day-to-day coordination of external communications. The role requires excellent copywriting skills. Knowledge of the financial service industry, impact investing or sustainable finance is desirable, but not essential, as long as there is a clear willingness to learn and embrace new knowledge.
The role will ensure that the Institute continues to deliver high-quality information, original research, events, policy advice and educational materials across our communications channels, particularly our website, newsletters and social media.
The Communications and Engagement Manager will report to the Chief Executive, who oversees all external communications as well as the development and delivery of the Institute’s work programme. The Communications and Engagement Manager will work closely with the Events Manager, as well as across the team, particularly with the Programme Team, the Public Affairs Manager, and the Relationships Coordinator. They will be a key member of the Institute’s small staff, contributing to a productive, energetic and happy team.
For more information please visit our website: https://www.impactinvest.org.uk/about-us/work-with-us/
Key Responsibilities & Skills
- Lead on all communications, providing strategic input to shape plans that deliver impact
- Implement the Institute’s communications strategy and work closely with the programme team to deliver on project-specific communications
- Very organised and calm under pressure, able to manage and prioritise a range of activities and stakeholders
- Self-starter, happy to take initiative and able to multi-task
- Confident working with people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority and embracing diversity
- Focus on high standards of quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to be both strategic and detail-oriented
- Lead on all external copywriting such as the drafting of website and social media copy, press releases, media articles and newsletters
- Manage the website, including defining and curating the content on an ongoing basis and liaising with the website developer on technical issues
- Responsible for sourcing content and dissemination of the Institute’s regular newsletter (via Mailchimp)
- Manage the Institute’s social media channels (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Working with external service providers on content creation, in particular, designing of document and briefings
- Edit images and videos for the Institute’s digital communications channels
- Coordinate with the Chief Executive, board and advisory council members as well as other affiliated senior stakeholders on communications initiatives and content
- Liaise with the press and coordinate all incoming queries, as well as drafting content, such as press releases, opinion pieces and quotes in close collaboration with the Chief Executive
- Work with the Institute’s pro-bono press agency to initiate coverage of the Institute’s work and promote key initiatives and events
- Manage partner communications across our networks and regularly liaise with key communications contacts
- Report on key communications outcomes and deliverables
- General administration to include keeping communications contact lists up to date and managing the communications inbox
- Pragmatic delivery focus – ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Team player, seeking input from colleagues and celebrating successes as a group
- Excellent skills in using WordPress, video editing software (e.g. Adobe Premiere and/or iMovie), Microsoft Office 365 suite, MS Outlook and MS Dynamics CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and great copywriting skills
- Experience managing the external communications of a team or organisation, including designing and curating content as well as managing different communications channels – particularly websites, social media, newsletters
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship-building skills with people of all level of seniority (e.g. Chief Executives, Board Members and other affiliated stakeholders)
- Has worked in a start-up environment or small team
- Experience working in finance and/or impact investing or sustainable finance
Apply through BeApplied here: https://app.beapplied.com/apply/q43jql3qaq
Impact Investing Institute
About the Impact Investing Institute
More and more people want to use their capital in a way that benefits society and the environment as well as generating a financial return. At the same time, there remain entrenched social challenges in the UK and around the world. The Impact Investing Institute is an independent, non-profit organisation which aims to make capital work better for people.
We have a wide, global network across financial services, social enterprises, businesses, government and regulators. In partnership with our dedicated volunteers, we work to get the message out and bring people together through information sharing, events, guidance, research, and specific partnerships and projects – all dedicated to addressing the barriers that prevent more money from having a positive impact on people and planet.
More information on the Institute can be found on the website: www.impactinvest.org.uk