About the Job
Aeris offers you an opportunity to use your data systems management and customer relations skills for social and environmental good. We are seeking a junior data analyst to join our team, where we use technology to support impact investing. We are expanding the functions and features of Aeris’ data platform to deliver ground-breaking new services to impact investors for impact data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist impact investment firms to set up the impact and financial reporting structure for their portfolio companies. * Onboard portfolio companies to upload data and supporting documents to Aeris Atlas.
- Lead webinar demonstrations of the data platform for impact investors and portfolio companies as required.
- Load data and documents into appropriate “libraries” on the Aeris data platform.
- Work with Aeris Operations team to understand financial presentations of community development financial institutions (CDFIs).
- Prepare CDFI financial statements and performance metrics for Aeris analyses or quarterly reporting.
- Proof and finalize quarterly financial statements and reported performance data, interacting with CDFI staff
- Work with CDFIs to assist them on their impact metric reporting.
- Follow up with CDFIs as necessary to ensure timely upload of quarterly financial statements and performance data.
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud-based environments
- Basic financial accounting
- Knowledge of impact investing, impact measurement and community development is a plus
- Interactions with institutional customers
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Good financial, market, and qualitative analysis skills—excellent with numbers
- Superior ability to focus on detailed work for accuracy
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple work streams—a self-starter
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work in teams, and ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across both technical and non-technical audiences
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Finance, or Computer Science (or equivalent).
Please send applications electronically to Jon Schwartz, Senior Manager, Operations and Ratings at careers@AerisInsight.com
To be considered, applications must include:
- A cover letter stating how your interest and relevant experience fit this opportunity, and
- A full resume or CV.
Aeris Insight Inc.
Aeris guides capital to good. We are a rating and information service in the impact investing field, which has grown into $500 billion industry over the last decade. Impact investments aim to address some of the world’s most pressing social and environmental challenges as well as yield a financial return. Aeris provides information, analysis, assessments, ratings, and consulting services that bring accountability and transparency to impact investing.
Aeris was established in 2004, focusing first on analyzing and rating private community loan funds (CDFIs). These loan funds invest in real estate, women and minority-owned small businesses, and community facilities in socially and economically challenged communities throughout the United States. More recently, we began applying our knowledge, expertise, and tools to the broader impact investment world.
In 2013, Aeris built a cloud-based platform to collect and manage the impact and financial information that supports our deep due diligence and monitoring activities. Today, we are expanding the functionalities of our platform to offer impact fund managers a highly reliable SaaS service that supports the collection, management, and analysis of impact and financial performance data of their investments.