About the Job
Location: Basel, Switzerland.
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Start date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: Sunday 7 March, 2021
A Swiss work permit or EU citizenship is a requirement.
We are seeking a dedicated sustainable energy finance intern to support BASE’s work on energy efficiency, renewable energy and climate change finance projects in Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
The candidate will be responsible for conducting research and analysis, drafting reports and participating in stakeholder engagement efforts for sustainable energy finance projects; drafting project proposals to support BASE’s fundraising efforts; and supporting interactions with a wide range of experts and entities including development agencies, multilateral and national financial institutions, sustainable energy technology providers, enterprises and others. The role may involve some travel abroad.
- A post-graduate university degree in a relevant field (sustainable energy systems, sustainable energy engineering, development economics, climate change, energy policy, climate finance, or similar). Masters and PhD holders (or international equivalents) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Relevant professional experience in roles related energy efficiency, renewable energy, green investments, finance, climate change a strong advantage.
- Experience in developing countries in Africa, the Middle East, Asia or Latin America a strong advantage.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills in energy engineering, finance or economics a strong advantage.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Spanish or French is a strong advantage. Fluency in other languages is also an advantage.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to international development work. Experience working in developing countries is a plus.
- Strong networking capacity, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to client needs or changing demands.
- Extremely well organized. Highest ethical standards.
Application and Selection Process
Applications to be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline.
Please include the following documents in word or pdf format (applications should be a maximum of four pages):
- Motivation letter briefly outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to the position.
- CV with name and contact details of 3 references who may be contacted by BASE.
BASE - Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy
The Basel Agency for Sustainable Energy (BASE) is a Swiss not-for-profit foundation and a Specialised Partner of United Nations Environment. BASE was established in 2001 with the objective of mobilizing investment and finance into sustainable energy and climate change solutions. BASE is one of the few organization fully dedicated to develop innovative business models, smart financing and out-of-the box-approaches to drive investments in renewable energy, energy efficiency and green solutions.