About the Job
(Location) Rabat, Morocco.
(The role) As the Operations and Finance Associate in Rabat, you will play an instrumental role in the Instiglio Rabat office to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness. You will also work with Instiglio’s Global Operations, People and Finance teams, all based in Bogota, Colombia. Your role is unique in that, in addition to managing Rabat office administration, it involves working across our global teams, supporting HR Administration and Finance in processes affecting the entire organization. Your role will often require building and managing processes and structures, sometimes from scratch. Your creativity, empathy, and structured and strategic thinking will help foster a rewarding work environment that furthers our mission. The key responsibilities of the Operations and Finance Associate will include, but are not limited to 1) Finance & accounting, 2) office administration, 3) general administration.
(Education) BAC+4 or BAC+5 in accounting, Human Resources, business administration, finance, or related fields;
(Experience) At least 3 years of relevant experience in business administration, finance, accounting, HR, operations or related fields and payroll systems;
(Specific knowledge/experience) Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals;
(Language) Full written and oral working proficiency in French (C2), Arabic (C1-C2), and English (C1-C2)
(How to apply) apply through the following link: https://form.jotform.com/210356711408651
- Education: BAC+4 or BAC+5 in accounting, Human Resources, business administration, finance, or related fields
- Experience: At least 3 years of relevant experience in business administration, finance, accounting, HR, operations or related fields and payroll systems
- Technical knowledge: Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Software: Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Word). Experience with Google Workspace
- Languages: Full written and oral working proficiency in French (C2), Arabic (C1-C2), and English (C1-C2)
- Experience: Experience in budgeting and financial monitoring, financial management, international development sector or startup environments; track record of working with a global team
- Software: Intermediate skills in Quickbooks or other ERPs
- Exceptional execution and process management with impeccable attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
- Strong structured thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work comfortably and communicate effectively in a multinational, culturally diverse, and virtual environment
- Emotional Intelligence: Resilience and good self-management skills (emotional regulation, self-awareness, self-actualization)
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and grow
Please apply here, submitting your CV and cover letter (in English). In your cover letter answer the following questions: (1) Why are you a good fit for this role? (2) What is your motivation to apply to Instiglio?
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Instiglio is a non-profit consulting firm whose goal is to reshape expectations, raise performance standards, and maximize the impact of the development community. To do so, since our founding in 2012, we have been pioneering novel Results-Based Financing (RBF) and Performance Management approaches in developing countries to ensure that every dollar invested in solutions to poverty has the greatest possible impact. Instiglio is helping to build a global results movement in major social sectors, including livelihoods, agriculture, education, health, employment, and governance.
During our journey, we have worked with a range of actors; including governments (e.g., Governments of Colombia, Peru, Morocco, and Egypt), multilateral development banks (e.g., World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank), development aid agencies (e.g., USAID, MCC, DFID, GAC, SECO), service providers (e.g., Educate Girls, Mercy Corps, World Vision), and private foundations (e.g., IKEA Foundation, UBS Optimus Foundation, Fundación Corona, Fundación Bancolombia).
Instiglio has successfully launched RBF projects in over 25 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries, totaling over US $500 million tied to results. Particularly important milestones include the world’s first Development Impact Bond (education, India); the first Social Impact Bond launched in a middle-income country (workforce development, Colombia); the first Outcomes Fund (poverty graduation, Kenya and Uganda); and the launch of performance-based contracts with governments in Africa (employability, Morocco). Instiglio has also advised pioneer RBF transactions in the areas of agriculture and rural development in Colombia and Peru with the Canadian (GAC) and Swiss (SECO) development aid agencies, respectively. In addition,
Instiglio has increasingly supported governments in strengthening their own systems of delivery through multi-year reform processes.
We are a diverse team of 50+ people, representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia (HQ), Kenya, Morocco, Peru, and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in impact evaluation (e.g., J-PAL), development banks (e.g., World Bank), country governments (e.g., Rwanda Ministry of Finance, Colombia’s National Planning Department, Congress of Colombia), and research (e.g., Harvard’s Center for International Development)
Do you want to know more about Instiglio?
- Instiglio: https://www.instiglio.org/en/
- First Development Impact Bond: https://instiglio.org/educategirlsdib/
- First Social Impact Bond: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/education-plus-development/2017/03/31/colombia-leads-the-developing-world-in-signing-the-first-social-impact-bond-contracts/
- First Outcomes Fund: https://www.instiglio.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/VE-DIB-Design-Memo-Public_14FEB2018.pdf