About the Job
We are working with a team of professionals with extensive experience in Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment and Fund Management with a focus on sustainability, in their search for an Investment Partner.
The Zurich-based team is developing a Europe-focused investment strategy in technologies and innovative business models creating a positive environmental and social impact and a substantial contribution to the circular economy.
The Investment Partner will be part of the core executive team responsible for advancing the development of the strategy and in the second stage, co-manage the entire investment process in a discretionary manner. The investment strategy will focus on innovative ventures with proven technology / product and markets, that are seeking growth capital to scale-up.
The position can be based out of Switzerland or any other major European city, with a preference in German speaking countries.
- Co-manage design, development and structuring of investment strategy and impact framework.
- Structure investment vehicle to facilitate allocation of capital; co-develop investment and marketing documentation and tools.
- Originate exceptional investment opportunities within strategic focus.
- Co-manage review, due diligence, and execution of potential investments.
- Lead portfolio coaching, monitoring, and reporting (with active involvement and through board positions).
- Co-develop impact framework, overlook impact monitoring, and impact reporting processes.
- Connect to, and expand network with strategic partners, industry organisations, investors and other key players in the European alternative investments and sustainability fields.
- Co-lead fundraising efforts within the international private and institutional investor community.
- Represent team as speaker and panelist in financial and industry events and conferences.
- 10+ years proven track record in either asset management, investment management, corporate finance, investment advisory, venture capital or private equity investing
- Documented strong expertise in investment management and monitoring; ability to drive value creation through the entire lifecycle of investees targeting sustainable, long-term extraordinary returns; management of all aspects of the divestment process
- Board representation skills and experience with high-growth ventures
- Strong origination capacity of proprietary investment opportunities in the growth space and ideally in the sustainability field
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in current global environmental and social challenges (ideally some experience in sustainability and impact investing).
- Ideally investment structuring, financial product / fund structuring capabilities
- Strong network with banks and other financial institutions, wealth managers, intermediaries, advisors, experts, private and institutional investors, endowments, pension funds, strategic corporate investors and international organizations in the field; strong relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written / verbal). Fluency in English and ideally German; other languages welcome.
- Flexible with frequent travelling
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful team at the cutting edge of sustainable investing. If you have the required skillset and would be interested in discussing this opportunity further, please reach out , or apply directly below. You can contact George Roberts via email@example.com.