About the Job
Senior Associates will guide stakeholders and clients through difficult yet important adaptations of their practices, translating complex concepts into understandable insights. Senior Associates will also build rapport with clients by understanding their needs and adding value to their mission. Within the team, they work directly with our project managers and leads to deliver high-quality services and will eventually have the opportunity to lead teams.
The key responsibilities of the of the Senior Associate will include, but are not limited to
- Leading and overseeing the development of technical components of RBF instruments from scratch,
- Leading the creation of proposals and client deliverables,
- Managing project budgets and contracts with clients and subcontractors,
- Proposing, structuring, and overseeing data analyses,
- Preparing and delivering clear and effective presentations to stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- (Education) Master degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, or related fields;
- (Experience) At least 6 years of experience, including 4 years of relevant work experience in international development and/or in the public sector;
- (Technical knowledge) Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English – C2.
- Demonstrated experience in RBF and/or Performance Management.
- Working with governments and government agencies.
- Work experience in consultancy.
- Knowledge: Results-Based financing mechanisms and/or experience related to the field
- Language skills: Professional working proficiency in French – C1.
Apply through the following link: https://form.jotform.com/201195143536653
Instiglio is a non-profit consulting firm whose goal is to reshape expectations, raise performance standards, and maximize the impact of the development community. To do so, since our founding in 2012, we have been pioneering novel Results-Based Financing (RBF) and Performance Management approaches in developing countries to ensure that every dollar invested in solutions to poverty has the greatest possible impact. Instiglio is helping to build a global results movement in major social sectors, including livelihoods, agriculture, education, health, employment, and governance.
During our journey, we have worked with a range of actors; including governments (e.g., Governments of Colombia, Peru, Morocco, and Egypt), multilateral development banks (e.g., World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank), development aid agencies (e.g., USAID, MCC, DFID, GAC, SECO), service providers (e.g., Educate Girls, Mercy Corps, World Vision), and private foundations (e.g., IKEA Foundation, UBS Optimus Foundation, Fundación Corona, Fundación Bancolombia).
Instiglio has successfully launched RBF projects in over 25 Latin American, African, and South Asian countries, totaling over US $500 million tied to results. Particularly important milestones include the world’s first Development Impact Bond (education, India); the first Social Impact Bond launched in a middle-income country (workforce development, Colombia); the first Outcomes Fund (poverty graduation, Kenya and Uganda); and the launch of performance-based contracts with governments in Africa (employability, Morocco). Instiglio has also advised pioneer RBF transactions in the areas of agriculture and rural development in Colombia and Peru with the Canadian (GAC) and Swiss (SECO) development aid agencies, respectively. In addition, Instiglio has increasingly supported governments in strengthening their own systems of delivery through multi-year reform processes.
We are a diverse team of 50+ people, representing 10+ nationalities, with offices in Colombia (HQ), Kenya, Morocco, Peru, and the USA. Our team of practitioners has extensive development and government experience, including previous roles in impact evaluation (e.g., J-PAL), development banks (e.g., World Bank), country governments (e.g., Rwanda Ministry of Finance, Colombia’s National Planning Department, Congress of Colombia), and research (e.g., Harvard’s Center for International Development)
Do you want to know more about Instiglio?
- Instiglio: https://www.instiglio.org/en/
- First Development Impact Bond: https://instiglio.org/educategirlsdib/
- First Social Impact Bond: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/education-plus-development/2017/03/31/colombia-leads-the-developing-world-in-signing-the-first-social-impact-bond-contracts/
- First Outcomes Fund: https://www.instiglio.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/VE-DIB-Design-Memo-Public_14FEB2018.pdf